Would you feel comfortable hanging around a person who has never said a racist comment or joke, even in private?

Be honest.. People are so hairtriggered over racist comments. But id image people who has never make a racist remark or joke in private is likely uptight, judgmental and boring to be around.. They would be so lame to be around. Why would you wanna be around people who you have to watch what you say around them.. No fun

0|0
5|3

Most Helpful Girl

• Probably not. People like that tend to be very fake.

0|1
    1|0

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 4

• That's normal. Most people in multi-cultural societies are not racist. The only time you will find racist people is if all your friends are white or all your friends are black or all your friends are indian or all your friends are chinese - in those circles racist comments might get passed around but it doesn't happen very often.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, of course I would. I couldn't been around a racist person. I don't see how making racist comments can be fun.

2|0
    0|0
  • I dont ever make racist comments. I can play into perverted humor sometimes but I don't know. I dont think that means you're uptight, just tolerant.

1|0
    0|0
    • OR intolerant

• Show All
    • You have a right to be offended by speech, but its inappropriate to punish someone for it.. Tolerance is a two way street..

• I would disagree. Its my choice who i want to associate with, not a punishment. Why would i want to be friends with someone i dont see eye to eye with? Its rather irriating when people say i have to be tolerant of peoples' intolerance because i dont. I disagree with racism, homophibia, sexism, etc. Therefore its my right to not tolerate even people who make jokes about it, because to me, its insensitive and intolerant. You can say all day that its intolerant of me to not tolerate intolerance but thats such a backwards statement. Ask yourself, why wouldn't i be intolerant to offensive people?

• why would you assume that? If I don't make racist comments or jokes, that does not makes me boring. I don't like insulting/judging people because I wouldn't like if I was the one being made fun of.

2|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• Well yes. Would they be particularly engaging? Not so much.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would. Racist jokes make things awkward and uncomfortable.

1|0
    0|0