I have Androphobia and I have no Idea how to deal with it?

I've had Androphobia (fear of men) for awhile but something apparently happened that made it worse... I tried to talk to a guy on a chatroom and I started crying and shaking and almost an hour later I'm still hyperventalating and almost crying again. I'm 5'0 and underweight and I'm just terrified of guys hurting me... Nothing extremely traumatizing has happened that I can remember, other than my cousin threatening to duct tape my mouth and lock me in a closet... I'm just terrified of being hurt by men... and I have no idea how to deal with this... please... someone help...

Most Helpful Guy

• Not sure if I can assist in this since I'm a man and you fear me just because of that.

Try to understand that the majority of men are actually kind and wouldn't ever dream of hurting you. I think you could need some professional counseling about this Androphobia though. The issue will not be resolved over a few lines of texts on a website like this.

Most Helpful Girl

• Have you ever considered therapy? Talking to a priest, social worker or teacher?

What Guys Said 4

• Eh, Girls kinda scare me too, So, I don't know.

• Wow, well um... I guess the best thing to do is face your fears. In your case, you should seek the help of a therapist

• Pray to God and hand over your fears over to Him. Jesus is real :)

• If you're afraid of them, why were you talking to one?

What Girls Said 0