Is being completely open and fully acknowledging your flaws a sign of weakness or a sign of strength?

Question in the headline.
My thoughts can be summed up in
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/d4/38/30/d43830b49ff284685c62252a727e2dd2.jpg

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that it's a sign of strength. If you know your weaknesses, it can make you a better person who strives to improve themself. Being able to criticise yourself without getting emotional about it is also pretty strong in my opinion. I get why it could be perceived as weakness but I think that it's weaker to convince yourself that you have no flaws at all, that's just like you're protecting yourself from any criticism.

Most Helpful Guy

• Who's more impressive, the one wearing all the body armour, or the guy who doesn't need it? Frankly being aware of ones weaknesses is a sign of strength because you acknowledge it and by letting others know you force yourself to overcome it. can't build up a tolerance/higher threshold for pain/calluse if your constantly hiding behind your defense mechanisims and denial.

What Girls Said 3

• Strength because a lot of people can't even be honest with themselves. It will help you to be a better person and try to work on your self.

• Strength... not many people can do it

• It's a sign of strength if you fully acknowledge your flaws then you can work on them.

My biggest flaw is procrastinating, as of now I'm working on fixing that.

• Good for you for working on making yourself a better person than you already are.

What Guys Said 0