What would you do with $38000?

I will be getting my hands on $38000 (£25000) soon, and Im trying to figure out how I'm going to spend it. Any advice?

Most Helpful Girl

• i'd split it up quite a bit. pay my student loans a bit, some bills, maybe get my mom a new car, buy some new furniture, and save the rest.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would probably put it towards a house (down payment), and a cheaper house too. That way, I'll eventually own it soon enough after I make some more payments on it. If you currently have any debt (hopefully not, though), then I'd pay that off immediately as much as possible.

What Girls Said 4

• Put it in my bank account and allow it collect interest so I have more money later.

Oh, well, I may buy a few outfits too. Or go to the next comic con.

• Sorry to break it to you, but you're going to get almost nothing from interest.

• I'm a saver: even if I don't get much interest, there's still some and I can add my own personal funds to it too and have more money. Better than blowing it.

• Give it to my mum and charity
    Invest some for my siblings education

Thing is what did you do to get this money lol :p

• Pay off any/all student loans you may have cause they're a pain in the butt (-.-) if that doesn't apply to you maybe buy a house for you or your parents, just do what makes you happy but think twice on what you'll spend it^^

• I would move out and rent a place

What Guys Said 9

• Depends where you are getting it from.
    If its inheritance then I would personally find it kinda cheap to spend a family members life savings on materialistic items.

• But think about the person who's handing the money to me, what do you think they'd want me to do with it? Surely spend it on things I want in life?

• They would want you to spend it on things that will help progress your life.
      I take it you wanna just buy stuff so go ahead but I know I'm not spending my inheritance on materialistic items.
      I couldn't sit and play a Xbox or use a computer knowing where that money came from.

• Well that's just you.

• Spend 5 on a holiday, save the rest

• Stock market it is!

• Donate it to me lol!

• Pay off debts, invest the rest.

• Do you have a car? If yes, save most of it until you want to buy a house.

• I would save most of it. Maybe use some of it to go on vacation somewhere.

• That's exactly what I've been thinking.

I'm thinking of saving 3/4 of it and then the rest on myself. I want to travel, but I also want put some money forward to get equipment for my growing YouTube channel.

• You could do both. Maybe spend a week at a nice beach, you wouldn't blow through that much money.

• I'm not really into beaches haha, but I'll think of some other places I could go.

I'm thinking of putting £1000 on the equipment (I probably won't spend that much, but it's always good to have a cap) and then £1000 or so on a trip!

• Spend it wisely and save a bunch of it.

• Pay off bills and invest the rest

• Bills? I'll be left with nothing man.

• But then think of all the extra money you won't be forking out every month. Half the money you pay out goes in someone's pocket