When did you become more comfortable in yourself?

it seems that all of my relationships end awful and even though im only 19, i realized it was because of how i viewed myself as a person. i tollerated a shitty girlfriend and also got into relationships just to be in one, and most of those relationships i ended up being an asshole. at what age did you learn to love yourself?

Most Helpful Girl

• I hate myself. Deeply. I hate my personality, I hate the way I look. I am a decent person but I'm boring and I'm not sublime in anyway. I'm not very smart, either. I am not ugly, but I'm not beautiful. I'm sort of averagely pretty. Girl next door. But the plain girl next door nobody really pays attention to haha
    But, I realized that there's no point in stewing over it. Life is wonderful, and even though I would love to be someone else, I love life too. I realized that last month, when I too said fuck this shit and got out of a shitty relationship with an asshole too.

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol I was in your position a year ago, and yes been considered the "asshole". You learn to love yourself when you spend time with yourself, not necessarily with friends, just a simple walk in nature or sitting on a park bench and just monitoring whats going through your head. simple don't be harsh just be you. there is no such thing as good or bad and to label yourself that way is putting parameters on yourself.

What Girls Said 1

• I started to like myself at age 15 :) freshmen year of high school.

What Guys Said 2

• After I went ahead and got cushion skin. Never been uncomfortable since.

• I became much more confident after I'd had several near death experiences and discovered that I didn't freeze up or panic, that I could cope.