How can I get my cat to stop sleeping on my laptop?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not sure if it is a permanent solution but they do make a pet pad/bed that has one of those heating cooling packs in it. On hot days you can place the pack in the freezer and on cool days you can place the pack (folded over) in the microwave and heat it. It then goes in the pad/bed and warms or cools it. Since the cat is sleeping on the bed for warmth this might work for you. Of course you need to somehow separate the cat from the laptop. The hair from the cat can clog up the laptops cooler and overheat it causing damage.

This link isn't what I was referring to but it might be even better. It is a bed warmer and there are additional choices down the page. Any kind of bed warmer should be good for the cat and should help get your cat off the laptop.

www.amazon.com/.../B001AZLVG6

Most Helpful Girl

• put an empty box next to it

What Guys Said 12

• That's why you should buy a dog 🐶

• Spook your cat when ever its about to be on your laptop then it will be afraid of the laptop. Behaviorism, psychology girl

• Lol! my dog does this!!!
    i usually place it in my draw, but sometimes i put it beside my bed and she lays on it

• Put a dog on it?

• Cats sleep on laptops because they are warm, put it somewhere where the cat can't sit on it or put a cover on it when you aren't using it.

• Unplug it.

• get a dog to sleep on your laptop instead

• take your laptop put it in a different room and lock the door of that room😕

• place you lappy in a bag or a drawer

• Use a laptop cooler

• Reward him

• A canvas bag and a couple of bricks then a trip to the lake should suffice.

What Girls Said 3

• you don't because cats are assholes

• Move the laptop

• Hisss at them
    Assert yourself as the alpha