Do you exist? Do you exist?

Most Helpful Guy

• Existence is what we define as anything that can be understood to be distinguished from one point to another. If nothing ever changes, even at the smallest of particles, it would be understood as not existing.

Whether or not our definition of existence is a lie, is unknown. We can only know what we know. If what we know is an illusion, lie, etc, then we would still have some degree of existence based on the above definition. A lie still has some reality to it.

In the end, existence may not be precisely what we envision it; but there will most likely continue to be a basis of what us, so called, conscience beings labeled it today.

So do you or I exist? Depends on how one defines it and interprets the definition. René Descartes said, "I think, therefore I am", or "I am thinking, therefore I exist". Then someone else said (I can't remember who), "I think that I think, therefore I think that I am."

We can build machines that think they exist. Do they really exist? To some extent, sure why not. Perhaps we are just machines built to think we exist. So to some extent we could exist. How deep does our existence go? As deep as the complexities of our existence allow.

Sorry if that doesn't answer your question. Hope you find your answer.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 6

• Yes, I do.

• I've just had a look, and dogbert444 is purely a figment of you imagination.

Who said that, then?

• Noperzzzzzzzzz

• How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real?

• Yes I am a real person! No bots here

• no i do not exist m, my fur does exist!

What Girls Said 2

• Obv and thank you for giving me a reason to comment by asking such question. Really enjoying the xper lol

• Obviously not if I'm typing this