What's the difference between a racial preference and fetishization?

How are they any different?

Most Helpful Guy

• Fetishism is actually the sexulization of an inanimate object like a high heel. For a fetishist the inanimate object must be present during intercourse for a climax to be achieved.

Partialism is the true term for what's commonly known as a fetish, ie. Foot Fetish. One of the most common partialisms. Where a person is absolutely obsessed with a certain part of the body and will perform abnormal sexual activities with that body part. For me it'd be thighs.

Ethnic preference has nothing to do with either. Usually (just as with all preferences, partialists, and fetishes) a life event is what decides a persons ethnic preference so in that way they are all the same. Otherwise it's just a skin tone, bone structure, accent, body style, or general personality that attracts someone to a specific race.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 2

• That seems extreme (Definitions)
    Preference :-a greater liking for one alternative over another or others.
    Fetishise:-(Psychology) (tr) to be excessively or irrationally devoted to (an object, activity, etc)
    Fetishiˈzation ˌ

• Preference means when it comes to "serious dating" that person puts one race over others. The fetish stuff means they would never date that race, but would like them for sex alone.

• That doesn't make any sense. Like how some guys only date Asian women because they think that they are the perfect wives who would never say no to sex for example.

• That's not a fetish. That's a preference for Asian women. Either way it's all racism to me.

What Girls Said 1

• I wish I knew the difference