Why do some people believe that nationality determines your attractiveness?

I know that we have all made generalizations in our life but seriously what is with people thinking that certain nationalities are better looking than others? Where the hell did this crap even come from? For example most people believe that Eastern Europe has the best looking men and women, who the hell decided this? to be more spesific Russian, Polish, Latvian etc.. And also i have noticed how certain rules don't apply for others, as a example of this the other day someone said something about British women and someone said "the good looking women you see in britain aren't British they are mixed" what the hell? Im sure if we look through all our ansestors we have a mix of different nationalities but if it was the other way round and someone said they saw a attractive girl in Ukraine it wouldn't matter if she has mixed genes she is still Ukrainian and she is still hot because she is eastern european? I don't understand this can someone explain..

Most Helpful Guy

• THERE. ARE. BEAUTY. IN. ALL. RACES.

Most Helpful Girl

• People like stereotypes.

• Yes you're right about that

What Guys Said 3

• I think what perhaps got you a bit off your chair here is phrasing. People shouldn't say "Russian girls are hot/attractive" but rather "I FIND Russian girls hot/attractive". By doing this, these people would make it clear that it's not an objective truth they believe to know but rather a personal opinion.
    You probably wouldn't disagree with me that certain ethnicities look more attractive to an individual person. Everyone's got their preferences. And people on this site who say "there's beauty in every race" are simply lying about their own taste. It's a really stupid line, soaked in political correctness and I can't hear it anymore. OF COURSE every ethnicity has some ugly and some pretty people... HOWEVER this doesn't change the fact that everyone has their preferences. I find Asian girls hotter than Caucasian girls. I stand by that. I don't feel in the slightest bad about saying it. It's simply a personal preference/opinion.
    Now, let's go from ethnicities to nationalities. I think here we get into some cultural clash as well. What you have to understand (I'm assuming you're from North America) is that America is an extremely diverse country (ethnically speaking), while Europe is not so much. An American person comes in all colors and sizes... but for example a Swedish person doesn't. Naturally, there are black people or Arab people in Sweden too - but that's not who most people think of, when they think of a Swedish guy/girl. So Europe is indeed a good place to see how different nationalities in fact do look different. I am from the German part of Switzerland and I can tell you, while we have many things in common with Germany, looks is not one of them. Particularly German girls look completely different from Swiss girls. So much so, that even my Korean girlfriend could spot it quite quickly after living here for a few months. Not all nationalities look unique. We Swiss people don't look so unique. This has a lot of historical/cultural reasons that I won't go into here. But many nationalities also DO look unique. French people do. German people. Brits. Swedish. Russian. And many others. White Americans also don't look the same from white Europeans. This is especially well visible among guys. American guys look very different from European guys (face structure etc.). I don't see a problem with preferring one nationality over another in terms of looks. And I think if these people had made clear it's a personal opinion, you might not have gotten so upset.

• what is found as most attractive is basically the most dominate race. it doesn't matter if someone is that same race but if they have the best features from that race then they will be seen as attractive.

• Are you really talking about "nationalities"?

What Girls Said 2

• Because if they didn't then they'd have to think about people as individuals. Gross.

• because people of a certain country tend to look close like eachother and look differenc than other places...

• Yeah i get that but why cluster a whole chunk of nationalities into a "good looking" category and then do the same with a load of countries in the "ugly category" there is no way someone has met every single person from 1 country to know that there is any facts in it because there is attractive and ugly people in every country

• well generalizations are not good but when people say that they usually mean "most"