Do boys' feelings get hurt?

Just wondering because my guy friend found out that the girl he likes doesn't like him back and he acted like he didn't care at all and it didn't seem to affect him at all. So never see many cry or get emotional so do guys feelings get hurt such as when the girl they like doesn't like him back?

• Yes their feelings get hurt when this stuff happens
  • Kind of. Their feelings get a little hurt
  • No. They don't care and their feelings don't get hurt
Well he found out through the girls friends she doesn't like him

Most Helpful Guy

• Different individuality develop vavious way to cope with their negative however there are several predominant elements holding on the great extent of consequence effecting .[gender] man or woman.[residential density] rural or urban. [family] only child or with sibling. [life stress]easy or tough.

Man is been indoctrinated to suppress feeling. A most evident example is psychopathy is very popular in male.

Usually when someone live in urban, their suicidal chances are much redder than rural people.

A person live with sibling has a critical positive to their sentimentality in the future.

Life stress most being considered to related to financial pressure.

Is it the first time of be turned down? or 2-4 times? or many times? First time always comes with great emotion, and after than really depends on that person, some people has worse following time than the previous time.

When their old negatives adhere to each other, their mind probably gonna burst out. personality changed, indifferent, cynical, on edge. romantics hopeless.

• What does psychopaths have to do with this

• if there are too many frustrations gather in the heart, the one would have anything in their mind distorted , mostly anti-social. people would say they're sick, which aggravating the worse.

• @Asker - I believe @ilovechipmunk is alleging that guys' "appearing not to care" attitude is the result of "nurture"-based, environmental factors like being "indoctrinated to suppress feeling[s]". However, @ilovechipmunk taking it one step further by positing that this enforced, societal, and emotional supression is the reason why, in terms of gender, males are disproportionately represented in the sociopathic population, i. e.: those who lack empathy as a result of external factors/their upbringing. (psychopathy is usually associated with those who are "born bad.")

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, men have feelings and emotions just like women. A lot of them are simply better at hiding their feelings. Some feel like if they show their emotions, they will be judged negatively.

What Guys Said 18

• Most men don't act out in the same dramatical way girls do. We are usually forced since childhood to be able to contain our emotions and don't act out. "Boys don't cry" and all that you know.

Not showing emotion is not the same as not having emotion.

• "he acted like he didn't care at all"

Keyword... acted.

• Yes, but since qe were born we were told to repress those feelings and never show them, that's why you see many guys who seem like they don't care, they do, they just don't know how to express those feelings.

• Men are constantly told growing up, "To be a man, and not cry". As a result we just have to bottle them up or release them when we are alone. It's quite sad I want to cry sometimes as well, but it's not as socially acceptable as for a woman to cry. I know full grown men that have not cried in 20 or more years. Although men do not show it they do feel insults, and hardships. Personally I love to cry when I can, not saying I do all the time, but it feels nice to release all the stress. Although this guy may also not have cared because he only liked her physically, I don't think that is the case, but if it is it's totally normal not to feel much at all when being rejected like that.

• So if he likes her physically it means he won't care?

• If he purely likes her physically in the fact of just for sex then he won't shed a tear.

• We aren't robots. We are just as emotional as women, we were just taught to keep our feelings inside, because apparently that's what men do.

• Guys SHOW there feelings differently. It's not that they don't hurt, it's that you don't see it when they get hurt.

• So what do they do when it happens

• go off on there own, and scream, hit things, do dangerous stuff, and sometimes cry. But when others can't see them. Guys are taught from a young age that to show feelings is a sign of weakness, and so you do it on your own.

• Oh, sure we do. It's just that, outside of romantic relationships, we are not encouraged to express these types of emotions, so many of us try to keep them to ourselves.

• Yeah, guys get hurt! Somewhere along the way, we were told crying is for losers, so we sort of lost the habit. Honestly, it would probably take one of my parents to die for me to cry. Or breaking my femur. Or pregnancy.

• It's our job to pretend we do not to get hurt and to deal with the pain quickly and effectively.

• How do you deal with it?

• Cry?

• No haha.
      Different people have different methods personally I try to not think about what makes me sad and distract myself with something else.

• Ya, he just doesn't want to loose the rest of his dignity he feels he has left, and it hurts a lot if you really liked her and tried hard

• How would you feel if someone you liked didn't think you were good enough?

• Sad but I'm a girl

• Okay I know you don't mean any offense but it's really shitty that you can't understand that men have the same feelings as women.

• What kind of question is this?

• After something happens for the first couple of times it hurts, but the pain numbs as you get used to it.

• depends on the guy some are super sensitive some just give zero fucks

• Men don't have feelings.

• no, men don't have feelings.

• I garentee you he felt terrible and was just pulling an act.

• nope.. well not mine

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah, guys do get hurt by things like that, just the way that girls do. They might not be as willing to show that they're hurt, but they are.

• No. Men don't have feelings. They're all rocks. They're also not human and at night they sprout wings and horns and all meet together under the moon and dance in hula skirts. :P

• No, they're robots.