Why is Texas so racist even after being so diverse?

It's one of the most diverse states in America yet still possibly the most racist state in the US. Why is that? Why isn't it racially harmonious like California, New York, and other states with diversity.

0|0
1|4

Most Helpful Guy

• You think California and people of New York are accepting? We've been to different parts of those states then.

0|0
    0|0
    • Way more than Texas.

• Show All
    • He can say the same that there isn't any proof there are more racists in Texas than in California , it's your perspective his is that there are more in California who just pretend to be accepting

• No source or proof that racists in Cali are just pretending to be accepting. Sure, there are racists in Cali but there are much more in Texas since it's a very racist state.

What Girls Said 1

• Because we're in the south. I hate that, being a black girl who loves and takes pride in her state, but unfortunately that's just how it is over here. It's not bad in the big cities though. Dallas anyway!

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• Texas isn't really all that bad from what i'be seen... It's no less "harmonious" than California, anyway...

0|0
    0|0
    • Lol what a joke. California is 1000 times more racially harmonious than Texas.

• Disagree 😊

• I'm a Native Texan and I don't think we're all that prejudiced. California and New York are very racist. In fact the KKK is very active and powerful in Southern California.

0|0
    0|0
    • Never heard of any KKK in So Cal. Few Neo Nazi skinheads yes but both of these kinds are much more in Texas than in Cali and New York.

• Yes, and just look at what wonderful havens of liberty California and New York are.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes. Very racially harmonious state. New York has NYC which is the greatest city in the world with all races getting along while Cali has the beaches, the weather, Hollywood, and most of all a racially harmonious society unlike Texas where there's so much hate against the minority groups.