If you were to create an intelligent robot, would you give it a gender?

• Yes, I would make it look human male
  • Yes, I would make it look human female
  • No, it would be a generic shape and no gender identity

Most Helpful Girl

• No gender.

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably best to keep it gender neutral

What Girls Said 2

• For some reason when i was younger none of my teddy bears or toys had a gender... i never actually treated them like either female or male. I would sometimes dress them up in girl clothes sometimes in boys. I never cared

• Well, if I have to give it a gender I say a man because women are too dramatic.

What Guys Said 9

• Gender for a robot would be pointless. It does not reproduce and would not have the need to fill a biological role. It would be whatever shape that it was most suited for for the task it was built.

• The only task would be to build a robot that could think for itself.

• Then that would be A. I. which would make a body pointless since really it would only be a compilation of hardware and software. A robot is any machine designed to do work (in the strictes sense). So no body then, it wouldn't need one. Why?

• To experience existence in human space.

• Interesting. A number of gynoids from Korea and Japan are female. I don't know why they keep making their robots to be attractive females.

• Clearly men are the rational sex.

The robot is male.

• It would need to communicate with other human beings and people communicate more comfortably with a woman. Giving a robot a human personality would make it better for relations.

• I would make it male, so that I can finally have a son ;_;

• Yeah those are called androids dude

• no, that is just asking for trouble

• No. Giving it a gender would inevitably cause someone to fall in love with the machine.

• I would give it a dick and a pussy so both men and women could fuck it.