If you were to create an intelligent robot, would you give it a gender?

• Yes, I would make it look human male
    33% (2)30% (6)31% (8)Vote
  • Yes, I would make it look human female
    0% (0)20% (4)15% (4)Vote
  • No, it would be a generic shape and no gender identity
    67% (4)50% (10)54% (14)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
3|10

Most Helpful Girl

• No gender.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably best to keep it gender neutral

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• For some reason when i was younger none of my teddy bears or toys had a gender... i never actually treated them like either female or male. I would sometimes dress them up in girl clothes sometimes in boys. I never cared

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, if I have to give it a gender I say a man because women are too dramatic.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• Gender for a robot would be pointless. It does not reproduce and would not have the need to fill a biological role. It would be whatever shape that it was most suited for for the task it was built.

0|0
    0|0
    • The only task would be to build a robot that could think for itself.

• Then that would be A. I. which would make a body pointless since really it would only be a compilation of hardware and software. A robot is any machine designed to do work (in the strictes sense). So no body then, it wouldn't need one. Why?

• To experience existence in human space.

• Interesting. A number of gynoids from Korea and Japan are female. I don't know why they keep making their robots to be attractive females.

0|0
    0|0
  • Clearly men are the rational sex.

The robot is male.

1|1
    0|0
  • It would need to communicate with other human beings and people communicate more comfortably with a woman. Giving a robot a human personality would make it better for relations.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would make it male, so that I can finally have a son ;_;

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah those are called androids dude

0|0
    0|0
  • no, that is just asking for trouble

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Giving it a gender would inevitably cause someone to fall in love with the machine.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would give it a dick and a pussy so both men and women could fuck it.

0|0
    0|0