Guys, if you like a girl but you know one of your close friends likes her what would you do?

The guy I like flirts with me NON stop when were around each other. But he doesn't call or message me.

He came to my birthday last month and we had chemistry to the point where our friends were noticing and asking what was going on between us.

But my closest guy friend and him are best friends. And my friend likes me and has for a while.
Could this be a reason my crush is into me in person but doesn't flirt with me around him and doesn't message?

If you need more specific details about the flirting comment!!!

• Yes bro code is real and strong
    50% (14)
  • No bro code doesn't apply in this situation
    50% (14)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

16

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh gosh, if my feelings are strong enough then I will do whatever I need to win.

I know that might sound awful, but when you're like, in love with someone, you've gotta go for it. People get bloodied sometimes, and you just make sure it's not you that comes in second.

• This is all assuming that said friend hasn't already made his move, laid his claim, etc.

• Say his friend has made SEVERAL moves. I just don't feel anything for him other than friendship

But his friend I am in love 😂😒😭

What Guys Said 15

• If I have not acted on my feelings abut a girl, and she has not given me any signals that she is into me that way, then I have no reason to feel badly if she and a friend of mine do hit it off.

• If I were interested in a girl and I found out a friend of mine was as well, I'd probably just let him have her. Fighting over people is stupid, in my book, whether some girls want to be "fought over" or not. It's immature. If my friend is interested in her, I'll help him get a chance to get to talk to her more often and possibly end up with her. I always work off the assumption that almost any friend of mine will be better for her than I would be.

• It's not about the bro code at all. At the end of the day of 2 people want to be with you, it's you who has the choice.
    They may be respecting eachother as bros who both like you. Which is a stalemate.
    If someone really wants to be with you, then nothing should get in their way.

• I don't even know why this would be part of bro code. It's easy for multiple guys to like the same girl so it should be expected that there's competition.

• But if you know your mate likes a girl and then you start to like her AFTER wouldn't that stop you?

• Along with most people, I can't just suddenly stop liking someone. I think it's survival of the fittest and the REAL bro code would say that you should respect the fact that if you snooze you lose.

• All is fair in love and war. Even if my best friend that i knew since 4th grade liked her, i wouldn't give a shit, and I'd pursue her at all costs, and i don't care if he sees me or not.

• i can't comment as to the actual situation, too many variables.

but some guys would, some wouldn't.

its hard to say what id do. if he really liked her as much or more than i did id be like "fine ask her out" but if i liked her more id be like "dude she doesn't belong to you"

my friendships can overcome the yoko effect

• Yeah it could be the bro code alright I think.

• Everyone has a different interpretation of the bro code.
    For some guys it's who called dibs first while for others it's who hasn't had any for the longest time gets to go for the girl.

• Then you ask him if its ok.

• Call dibs.

• We can't. Bro code forbids us from sharing the Bro Code with the opposite sex.

• Bro code only applies after someone has specifically expressed an interest.

• i think you should go after her.

• oh! sorry, rough few night... figured this way a guy... didn't notice the color was pink...

• but i would still go for the girl... already suffered for my inaction.

• If i liked you, i'd get in there first. There's no such thing as a Bro Code, screw the other guy.

• I'd back off