Is it forbidden in Islam to be bi-curious?

I am muslim and might be bi-curious but I dont do anything with the same sex. I pretend i am straight._. Is is still forbidden? I mean i can't help feeling so but how can i get rid of bi-curious thinking and fantasies?
Pls answer respectfully. Cheers xox

Most Helpful Guy

• OK listen to me carefully!

In islam, having fantasies or finding someone of the same gender sexually attractive is not sinful. Having sinful thoughts is not sinful but it depends on what you make of those thoughts and feelings.

Being attracted to other women is not sinful. Having sexual relations with another woman is sinful, and forbidden.

If you want to remain Muslim, then know that you have to ignore these feelings.
    Even if it means living a life of celibacy.

Remember that sinning does not mean you are not a Muslim. We all sin, but what you have to do is repent sincerely to God for your actions.
    And just because your might have these feelings it doesn't mean other Muslims should disrespect you or treat you indecently! They should help and support you.

If you need to know anything else just ask, but I wouldn't tell anyone of your feelings.

• Hope that helped, did it?

• Yeah it did, thank you :)

• If you don't mind me asking, what do you intend to do?

What Guys Said 10

• I'm really not sure, but there should be nothing against it. Being true to your religion and your beliefs should have nothing to do with your sexuality. They are both part of you, but should not be related. You can't live a life of denial just to satisfy the dictates of your religion.

• Change religions to something less barbaric and you will be fine. (*) Then, you can fantasize all you want about whoever you want.

Don't let others judge you; let God/Allah judge you. And, you know what, if God didn't want you to have feelings like that, then he would have built us not to have feelings like that.
    All these rules and sins are for keeping control of people - especially women.

(*) I'm serious about this. As long as you remain a Muslim but are bisexual, your life is in danger. Muslim honor killings happen even here in the USA, so no where can you be truly safe as a bisexual or homosexual Muslim.
    www.nydailynews.com/.../...illing-article-1.393494

• Yes, it is forbiddenforbidden, but you are free to choose your own religion if you want to have a less stressful life.

• according to islam you should only have sex with you husband,
    extremly forbinden,
    your husband can take up to five wives,
    good look sharing your husband with other,
    hahahahahahah

• I believe it is forbidden to be anything but straight

• See don't take me wrong But I can help u out if u realy need to

• what is that supposed to mean?

• You ask "how can i get rid of bi-curious thinking and fantasies? "

• Yes, there is. The quran is very clear.

• it iss forbidden in Christianity. i do not know about Islam

• I don't think it's permitted, I guess it's time to choose whether you value your sexuality or your religion more.

• pray to God more and these thoughts are the whispers of the shaytaan to get rid of them

What Girls Said 4