Do you ever click on a question to answer it and see the asker has written a novel and think stuff it I am not reading all that?

If so how much is too much to read for you.

• More than about 4 or 5 sentences.
  • More than a paragraph.
  • More than two paragraphs.
  • Any more than three paragraphs.
  • No amount is too much to read.
  • Other please explain.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have.

But there are plenty of times I will read through the whole thing and give an answer.
    I find that the people that post lengthy things... are those who need the most help for their complicated situations.

Answering questions that are short in comparison, would probably make me someone that cares about gaining quick x-per points.
    I genuinely want to help people

When I have the time and energy to read through everything... I do.
    When I don't... I will go to a shorter question.
    But I don't strictly avoid questions because of their length,
    No.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 10

• LOL a novel.

yeah for someone who likes reading i dont enjoy sitting there reading walls of text about an issue that i believe could have been summarised in 2 pghs max.

• Yes I agree, when people rabbit on about crap that does not need to be in there. Also I hate it when people put to many and he said this, she said this and then he said this and O my gosh in their questions.

• honestly? me too.

• Yeah. it is just this site has got so much more of just people complaining about things. Also all the penis and breast questions O my gosh.

• I'll answer anything less than three paragraphs. After that I'm just like 'yeah, I can't be bothered' :/

• Yes. I start reading it and I make an effort to read everything. But, if I start getting confused or if I miss something, I probably will give up on answering.
    Other times, if I notice that the asker needs help, I read everything again, and try to give a proper answer.

• Yes some questions on here are so poorly worded you just can't understand them.

• To a certain extent yes we all do them but there is a line between that and being rude, racist and sexist.

• That's true. I wonder if some of those racist, sexist and rude questions are real. Sometimes, I think they can't be true.

• I like a lot of details. I like knowing a lot about the situation. I know other people don't want to read a lot of it, but I don't understand it. You're on the internet, so chances are you're doing a lot of reading anyway. It bothers me more when there isn't enough details and I'm expected to read the question askers mind.

• Most days anything more than 4 - 5 sentences makes me just answer a title question or back away completely. On rare occasions I'll answer something more than a paragraph. But I'll NEVER answer anything more than two paragraphs long.

• Depends on the content. I'll skim and read the first few sentences to see if it's interesting before moving on.

However, I will not read one large block of text. Paragraphs please.

• People that post like a wall of text are often people that are ranting about something. Not always but often.

• No matter the length I'll read it. I hate clicking on the ones where they ask a a question they already answered. They just wanted to vent. That's what myTakes are for.

• I'll read up to one or two coherent paragraphs.

• Yeah, I generally can't be bothered reading more then a paragraph

• I read up to like 2 paragraphs that's about it :/

What Guys Said 5

• I picked E provided it has reliance and isn't just BS filler. If it's just to vent off I will pass it up after a paragraph

• It depends on what the question is about. If its about something dumb as nails and it's long as hell, I'll skim through and decide to read it all or not. Usually not.

• the worst is when its a wall of text with no breaks.

fuck that shit.

• Within 4 paragraphs or 3 is when I start to get bored lol.

• nah fam i dont do that, you get me fam?