Girls, I'm scared that I might have cervical cancer, what are some signs that you have cervical cancer?

Bruh I'm going to the doctor tomorrow with my auntie to see if I have cervical cancer. I don't know nothing about cervical cancer. I'm literally shaking and nervous right now because I might have it and I don't want to have it. I'm no where near sexual active because you know I'm 14 and I'm not thinking about that stuff :P and my period haven't came on ever since I got out of school and we got out on like May 22. So do you guys know any signs that you might have cervical cancer?

Girls, I'm ok now I went to the doctor and they said that I'm ok but you can continue answering if you like. Thanks for all of you guys opinions! :D :)

11

Most Helpful Girl

• The worse thing you can do is freak yourself out about it.

Hear what the doctor has to say before you start to get upset about it.

Try to be optimistic it's probably something else (less harmful).

What Girls Said 10

• Have you lost any weight or started a sport or gotten sick recently? All of those can cause late periods or cause them to stop
    Cervical cancer usually happens when you're a bit older, it's very unlikely hat you have it. (Also if you're so worried that you're shaking that could also felt periods. Stress has a lot of effects on he body)

• Cervical cancer results from a sexually transmitted infection by the human papilloma virus, HPV. It's one of the first cancers we figured out was caused by a germ, and the way we figured it out was epidemiologists noticed that nuns were "immune" to this cancer because they had no way to get the virus. If you're a virgin, you're going to find out your symptoms are caused by something else. Another random fact - cervical cancer takes a good ten years on average to go from your first abnormal pap smear to full blown cancer. And any time before it's a metastesized cancer, it is easily cured with surgery, no radiation or chemo. Get the HPV vaccine before you become sexually active, get your pap smear every year, and this is the last disease you have to worry about.
    Wear your seatbelt on the way to the doctor tomorrow - you're much more likely to get maimed in an auto accident tomorrow than to find out that you have cancer. Be well.

• Your obgyn is the best place to start.

I have cervical cancer.
    HPV shots weren't available when i was a teenager. I have always been healthy and have 3 beautiful daughters.

I went to my obgyn, because my periods where lasting longer and more frequent. I had a pap smear done and found out i was positive for HPV.

(Every girl needs to educate themselves on HPV and talk to your obgyn about the shots)

I had another pap smear done that was detailed towards cervical cells and i tested positive for cervical cancer.

I didn't have any signs or symptoms besides having an irregular period that sent up a warning flag to me. I had accepted the change in my cycle as menopause starting.

My daughter's are 100% involved in helping me tackle this cancer and we are learning how to take precautions that will insure a healthy cancer free future for them.

My advice will always be: talk to your doctor about any concerns you have.

The most wonderful thing about these sites are knowing your not alone.

XOXO

• Seriously this is the most wrong decision of your life, never and I mean NEVER ask Health questions on social sites or google or whatver especially that you are young and you said that you are scared just don't and wait for your doctor, worrying won't help you out as much as panicking, just chill and see your doctor. Everything will be okay I promise ^_^ and even if your doctor says that you have some illness it won't be the end of the world just keep calm.

• Try not to worry that much before you get actual results. Reading about the symptoms will make it only worse. Once while being at a hospital's waiting room I was stairing at a poster with tuberculosis symptoms and of course found out that I have all of them. (but I'm not sick) So this is the case when the less you know the better.
    Just go to the doctor and see what he'll tell. I'm sure you're having something else. Good luck!

• If you had cervical cancer at your age, the news would be calling. Relax.

• Wait for the doctor. Don't psych yourself out for no reason

• Pereira? --------

• Relax. The chances of having cervical cancer aren't that big. Your chances increase when you aren't a virgin anymore. If you're still a virgin, you have even less to worry about.

• You should see a doc.