Wait a sec, question about Europe/Europeans?

I just realized, Europeans are the cause of the Holocene Extinction Event (current mass extinction). I mean, think about it, it didn't begin until they started spreading across the globe, destroying ecosystems, hunting species to the brink, introducing invasive species... haha, Europeans have destroyed the biosphere... all they do is destroy...

Most Helpful Girl

• the west in general has really contributed to this. the mass need for capital created the needless overproduction of unimportant things. we excel in excess.

Marx said it best:

“The bourgeoisie, wherever it has got the upper hand, has put an end to all feudal, patriarchal, idyllic relations. It has pitilessly torn asunder the motley feudal ties that bound man to his 'natural superiors,' and has left remaining no other nexus between man and man than naked self-interest, callous 'cash payment.' It has drowned the most heavenly ecstasies of religious fervor, of chivalrous enthusiasm, of philistine sentimentalism, in the icy water of egotistical calculation. It has resolved personal worth into exchange value, and in place of the numberless indefeasible chartered freedoms, has set up that single, unconscionable freedom—Free Trade. In one word, for exploitation, veiled by religious and political illusions, it has substituted naked, shameless, direct, brutal exploitation.

The bourgeoisie has stripped of its halo every occupation hitherto honored and looked up to with reverent awe. It has converted the physician, the lawyer, the priest, the poet, the man of science, into its paid wage laborers.

The bourgeoisie has torn away from the family its sentimental veil, and has reduced the family relation to a mere money relation.” -Karl Marx, the communist manifesto

• Basically this, thanks for being calm and rational instead of going straight to "WAH, YOU SAID I'M NOT PERFECT" like so many others have.

• yup! the manifesto is not my favorite reading, I think Das Kapital really is my favorite. worth a read :)
      also, people here are confusing european with white people, which isn't entirely wrong, but it's incorrect as (despite the deep racism that roams much of europe) many races have participated in this mass exploitation.

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you really think that they give a damn? Naw as long they're alive and well that who cares? So basically their mindset is this "screw everything else on this planet including the #future of it as long as I'm happy" -_-.

This is what I don't get though "Just so that they'll have a place to sleep they'll slaughter all of the native animals or give them less space to live within their own natural habitat/s. And then when an animal kills them, guess what?

They'll hunt it down for doing what it was supposed to do (naturally speaking) which is hunt/kill to survive, right? Like how in the hell are you going to kill a #SHARK for eating yo punk ass in the #WATER where once again naturally speaking yo ass don't #belong HAHA. #European and overall #HumanLogciAtItsBest i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif

For the love money (which is useless if we're being honest with ourselves. Well ya know besides for the #MANmade BS that in the grand scheme of things doesn't even matter unlike #food and clean #water or this planet's health in general ^_^) they are willing to risk oil spills in the ocean ( I don't know how often it happens), start wars that'll usually destroy the surrounding land/s, kill a tiger just to make profit, cut trees down just so that they can build a mall or ya know build more houses for the/our already over populated human race etc LOL.

#WTF is the point, though? I mean since we're already settled in on this planet you'd think that we'd chill out on the polluting already, right?

What Girls Said 2

• All because they thought they were the best in the past

• That's not true.

• Really, it isn't? What makes me wrong? The rate of extinction spiked about 500 years ago, around the time that Europeans started traversing the planet in a path of conquer and destruction.

What Guys Said 4

• Yes, Lets just blame the destruction of animal habitat on one of the smallest continents on earth,

People like you give Americans a bad reputation in Europe...

And all we do is destroy? Excuse me, Which country has spent 214 years of its 235 years of existence at war? (93%). Pfft.. Get fucked...

• Haha, you think I don't blame America too, right now I blame the entire world, however, it was the European nations that started all this. Scientists say we're currently in an extinction event, that's undeniable, species are dying out at 114 times the normal rate, with this being the tipping point, an accumulation of the past 500 years, it's not me saying this, it's scientists. It was about 500 years ago that the Western European nations began leaving the continent, it started with them, it's their fault, they destroyed this world and out species.

• Sadly dude, Thats just the way our specie has developed, And money is the basis for our entire society, To stop going as we are, Would be to stop being human.

I know it fucking sucks, but seriously, There isn't much we can do about it.

• Then that's what we need to do, we either evolve to be better or die in our failure to do so. It's that attitude that is why we fail.

• says the dude living in one of our first and biggest collonial settlements?

Look, i get your point, but i'm afraid your attempt to ignore USA's involvement just proves europeans' opionon about usa right; that you are goddamn stupid and ignorant.

• *Colonial, and, the U. S. are just as guilty, but Europe started all this about 500 years ago. Plus, my ancestors were brought here, and their continent was turned into a hellhole, I don't really have anywhere else to go.

• Europe might've started it in the collonial ages, but guilt can't be shared solely based on who started something, but also on who continued. And weren't the united states heavily involved in westend affairs, both before and after gaining its indepndence? Not to mention their position in modern times.

Sorry kiddo, but you can't blame Europe alone for fucking up the world

• There is a certain logic to your theory - It is definitely humans destroying the planet

• And your anti white jelous piece of shit. We Europeans created this world. Technology, The arts, Science, and beauty.