How do most people earn good money? Step-by-step process?

I've had a lot of fear of failure over the years and I didn't get a job out of a family business.

I have no idea what or how to make money on my own. Plus I don't trust people I don't know and I don't have any friends, so getting advice from strangers has no effect on me, because I don't trust them.
I havn't gotten a job from an outside source because of phobias over the years...

How does one make money? Do I just take 4 years of university and bing - I am set to make +30k/year?
Then I have a base to take off from?

I need a general education - I have no idea what to do and I feel intimidated.

Most Helpful Girl

• "getting advice from strangers has no effect on me, because I don't trust them." Then why are we bothering to reply to this?

You either get into education and get qualified, but there is no guarantee you will be able to get a job, or you get a low paid job and try and work your way up.

• A lot of people have attacked me with guilt/hostility when I've asked them for advice; as a result I can't trust their advice because I don't think they took anything I said seriously.

Most Helpful Guy

• Find something that you don't hate to do, something that holds your interest, and focus/work as hard as you can to be the best you can be at it. For me it was Information Technology; growing up I was fascinated with computers so I bought a book to learn how to build one then just kept going from there. The more education you can dedicate towards it the more likely you are to get adequately compensated for your work.

The IT thing just worked for me but you can really focus on anything; heck even being a truck driver you'll make more than $30k a year. In college I worked as a supervisor at UPS part time; 5.5hrs a day and never touched a box pulling down $52k with nothing more than a high school education. Easy money, good benefits and stable employment. Apply yourself and you'll do just fine. Also a solid LinkedIn profile never hurts either. Network the heck out of yourself.

What Girls Said 3

• I wish I'd be getting over 30k a year right out of university! maybe then I could actually fucking pay for it!! hahahaha at least I'll be educated uhg

• First I have to ask if you have an skills or past experience. I may be able to give you advice based on what you say.

• You should go to college and get a career.

What Guys Said 3

• Go find a program that trains you for a job in the construction field. You'd get into a union then you'll be fine.

• Go to college, apply for job, work hard until you get a promotion and finally invest in your pension.

• What are you interested in or passionate about?