Girls, my period is two months late?

I'm only 14 and my period didn't come on ever since May 22 and it's now July 27. I'm not pregnant or sexual active. So what could be some of the reasons why my period is 2 months late?

Girls, I'm ok now I'd went to the doctor and they checked me and they said something but they gave me some pills to take for my period to come back on (hopefully) and you can continue to answer this question if you like. Thanks for your opinions! :) <3

20

Most Helpful Girl

• - You could be irregular
    - Stress
    - Diet change
    - Environment change
    - Illness
    - Your cycle decided to screw with you because it thought it'd be fun

One of those.

What Girls Said 19

• I'm guessing you haven't had sex given your age and not mentioning it. There could be a number of reasons.
    Stress - this effects women of all ages and can delay periods.
    Irregular - if you're 14, you probably haven't fully settled into a flow. You'll have the occasional random blip or will be full blown irregular.
    Diet change - different food can effect women's time of the month
    Exercise - this one only really comes into play for most women if it's exesessive exercise - professional standard. Exercise can stop your period entirely.
    Lifestyle change - sleeping less/more, change in routine, etc
    Sickness - not so much coughs and colds but if your body is out of whack, it can change all sorts
    Medication - some medication can cause your period to change; lighter, heavier, less frequent, more frequent, none at all. A good example is birth control, but that's many medications that can effect it.
    Weight gain or loss - this normally effects the flow rather than if it comes at all
    Pregnancy.

To be honest, I think it's probably just your age. Your body is at time where it's like ARGH there's SO MUCH GOING ON WHAT DO I DO FIRST? And it takes it a while for hormones to settle down. However, I would still see a doctor as if this is a bigger problem it's best to nip it in the bus sooner than later.

• Lots of women just aren't very regular, especially at the beginning and end of your menstrual life. If you have pain or unusual discharge go see your doctor, otherwise at your age you can just chalk it up to an irregular period since you know you couldn't be pregnant. Once you become sexually active, it will likely become more regular; if you have roommates in college, it's often the case that your periods will synchronize; and of course, if you go on the pill, your period will become as regular as your pill cycle.

• If you are over weight or under weight it could lead to period changes. Also sometimes you have a lower dosage of hormones. When my mother was in her teens and early 20's - she sometimes went 5 or 6 months without her period and my mother was always normal weight or borderline skinny - never too skinny and never too fat.

• Your first year of having it can be irregular, diet, exercise, and stress are other factors that change or affect your cycle. I personally off the pill was always very irregular. It could also be more serious things that your doctor should know about. 2 months is pretty long I would strongly advise you to talk to your doctor about it.

• Go to the doctor! If you haven't had what should happen normally and there isn't a chance of pregnancy, there could be a serious problem. A blockage or a cyst. Best to find out before it gets really bad.

• At your age, irregularity is huge.
    I've had mine since I was 13, the pill. is the only thing that makes me have it monthly.
    -or like others said,
    Stress,
    Being under/overweight
    Being around other people with varying cycles
    Etc.
    But, I hope the pill helps you too. It's saved me , haha. I was like, under hormonal.

• Did you just get your period? Because often when you first get it, it is irregular and can skip months or even come twice in one month.

• No I got it in like January something when I was like 10 years old

• From your age, it's probably nothing to worry about. Many girls are not regular until they're a little older. Hormone levels aren't quite where they need to be. It's fine. At your next check up, tell your doctor to be on the safe side.

• That happened to me when I was about your age. It's really not as unusual as you would think, especially if you haven't had your cycle for very long. I got my first period when I was 12 and it didn't really become regular for a few years.

• It is normally to have irregular cycle. Irregular cycle can be caused by malnutrition, stress and heavy physical activities.

For some girls.. like 25-30% of girls, can have an irregular period cycle for the first 4-5 years. Either you have a period and skip a month or have two or three periods a month. Also sometimes if you are exposed to new environment, like moving to new place or travelling around or taking foreign food that you never had could cause it too. No worry :)

• you have to see a doctor...

• You're young.
    You're just irregular. Nothing to worry about.

• -Stress
    -Not eating right
    -Major weight loss
    -Excessive Exercise
    -Thyroid irregularity
    -Polycystic Ovary Symptom: PCOS is a hormone imbalance that comes down to a lack of ovulation, so you have altered levels of estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone.
    -Chronic Diseases Like Celiac
    If you're so worried you can speak to your doctor, better be safe than sorry, hope all is well^^

• it could be stress or a lack of nutrition. you might want to see a doctor.

• you'll be irregular at a young age

• Your hormones are going crazy :) get used to it :) or maybe you have a yeast?

• You most go to a doctor!

• No, that is normal at that age. You do not become regular till your in your twenties :)

• Has your period ever been irregular? I got mine reallllllyyyyyy early (I was 9) and it was like 4 months apart for a few years before it got regualr, which was just earlier this year.