Thoughts on scottish accents?

People I feel have the misconception that their is only one type of scottish accent which from glasgow, although the scottish accent ranges massively, yet from what I've been told, men say the female scottish accent is disliked?

OBVIOUSLY i know not all men will think this just from what a scottish friend told me, people outwith scotland think?

What is your opinion on it :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm Scottish and I have a broad Glasgow accent. Anyways I love our accents ;) Only problem I have is that voice recognition technology is hopeless for me, hahaha.

But I haven't heard of men saying they dislike Scottish accents on females. They probably only heard those annoying neddy girls with the high-pitched voices.

• Yeah I lived in scotland for ten years, and found the glasonw accent was strong but you got used to it then I would travel to Aberdeen or Edinburgh and the accent was different completely! :)

• Man I wish I had a badass accent. Americans have the worse accents.

Most Helpful Girl

• Speak slower... And pronounce the words properly.. Then people won't say its hard to understand 😉

• Although, The majority of the language is understandable? lol

• O. m. g. 😞

• What? haha

What Guys Said 2

• Scottish accents vary from "I understand what you're saying completely" to "alien language"... overall though, I like it.

• Our accent is the shit. Although, the glaswegian accent is kinda hard to understand sometimes.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't know all the different types but from the few Scottish people I've heard, I like them. They sound cool.

• My parents are actually Scottish and they're from Crieff I'm sure you'd know it :) I was born and raised in Australia, so I don't sound Scottish at all. i never take notice of their accent because I'm obviously so used to it. But if I had to choose I think my dads accent is a lot better than my mums, they're both from the same place but I think the males is a lot better, sometimes the females sound like they're always asking a question, or when they get moody it can get annoying haha :)

• Scottish accents are hot as hell. All of them. Just insanely attractive.

• Nice to see someone likes the accent, I think it is a good accent to :)

• all the men i know say the accents make them sound like men and its too coarse. i know plenty of scottish women who have an ok one but then i also know the ones who sound fairly rough... but thats the same with English people too!