At what age are you allowed to drink in your country?

In mine you are allowed to drink beer and wine at 16 and then the other stuff at 18.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 7

• This sounds like a very forward thinking country you live in. Here in the UK it's 18 for everything.

Except when you are 6' tall. I've never been ID'd in the last year!!

• in Belgium: 16

• Can you drink everything?

• I don't know if for night clubs serving strong booze there's a separate law: towns can vote their laws.
      In any case, I'd advise , not to drink sulphuric acid or hemlock :(

• Haha thanks!

• In this US it's 21 and I'm pretty sure that's the oldest age out of any country. The only exception is that in some states (like Ohio) you can drink legally at any age as long as your parent or guardian is present.

• Yeah USA is funny 'cause you can join the army at 17/18 but you are not allowed to drink :D

• Yea I'm actually in the Army so I hear that all the time "I'm old enough to die for my country but I can I'm not old enough to drink." I personally think drinking is overrated. People live, breathe, eat, sleep, and shit the idea of drinking and partying and going to clubs. I don't see what's the big hype about it. You pay a lot of money for something that tastes like shit, and it makes you end up doing things you regret just for a temporary "buzz"

• Yeah I absolutly agree that it is overrated I don't drink as well but it's still an interesting point.

• Everything at 18, though it used to be 16.

• 1888888888888888

• At 18 your old enough to do anything

• same as yours...

What Girls Said 6

• In America, people can legally drink at the age of 21. I don't know a single person who waits that long to start drinking though. Lol Most people I know began drinking in their early teens. Personally, I have never been a heavy drinker. I just don't like the taste of alcohol and even when I turn 21, I doubt I will drink that much. haha!

• In Canada it depends on the province you live in. In Ontario where I live it's 19 but other places it's 18.

• Pretty much the same. ;D

• Everything at 18 I believe.

• Mine is 18

• 21 to drink anything with alcohol