How good is a 2.3 liter engine?

My car is a 2006 Mazda 6 sedan and it says that I have a 2.3 liter engine. I've heard from people that a 2.3 liter engine is a somewhat speedy engine, but i don't know. I've also heard that a 2.3 liter has a V6 engine in it which im not too sure about either. Any help?

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends entirely on the car. A 2.3 liter engine will give you more power in a compact car than a standard sized car. As for cylinders, in a Mazda 6 I'm pretty sure the 2.3 liter engine has 4 cylinders so it's not a V6. For a car that size, the engine won't be too peppy but it shouldn't be too sluggish either. It's a moderate size. If you're looking for speed than you'd want the V6 for that car but if speed's not a priority then that should be fine.

Most Helpful Guy

• More than enough HP to move you and your family.

What Girls Said 1

• 2.3 Litre engine, is eh pretty standard. It won't drain the gas (petrol) as it would with like a V8. Max 153 hp and is an inline 4 engine. Meaning 4 cylinders opposed to a V6 engine which has 6 cylinders and has a speed of 215 hp the difference as you can see is 62 hp. It's not a "somewhat speedy engine" but it should perform like a normal inline 4 engine car would.

What Guys Said 2

• For a Mazda 6 the 2.3 isn't bad. It's not fan fucking tastic but it's OK. It will get you up hills and stuff no problem with no slowdowns.

• Eh moderate speed, it isn't anything fast but it can haul ass if it needs to.