What is your view on the discrimination against Muslims?

Personally I'm against all types of discrimination, no matter who it is against and I feel that Muslims are being unfairly harrased because of the actions of a minority.

Most Helpful Girl

• In my opinion, Muslims as a people, religion, culture are not what the media portrays the lifestyle to be. I believe all religious groups have extremist, including Christianity. Yet, you don't see people accusing all Christians of being corrupt. I believe, Muslims are like any other social group or religion. They are also just like everyone one else, wanting to be left to their private lifes. Plus, every religious sector has done and doing extreme killing in the name of their diety. I say to the people discriminating against all Muslims should do their on research on the Muslims lifestyle; not just as a religion but as a culture that deserves respect. But, who cares, this is just my perspective.

Most Helpful Guy

• Christians slaughtered non-Christians in the Crusades, so to judge all Muslims by the actions of 1% of them (yes, 1%) is to judge Christians by the more extremist ones. Discrimination is discrimination.

What Girls Said 5

• You are one of those who actually have a brain.. 😊

• I am sorry but Islam is absolutely bullshit. I've read Islam in religion in school and I wasn't impressed at all. Nothing good comes out of this religion, some terrorists think that they kill to have access to heaven, if I could I would burn the Islamic religion forever. The immigrants (90% of them muslims) invading Scandinavia the rape rank has gone up almost 90% and all done by them mostly (search on google if you have any doubts) And hey, women, try walking around in jeans and a t-shirt in their countries except for well.. Turkey, you'll get raped or maybe even killed lol. And christians or jews who defend them, your religion = absolutely SHIT to muslims, if you're not a muslim, you can go sit over there in the garbage. That's how they see you, so have fun defending them. False moralists can say whatever they want but a fact will always be a fact.

• Swedish rape statistic are super inflated due to what they define as rape and the number of people willing to report.

• That comment is based solely of prejudice and not actual statistics.

• Haha honey.. it's been all over the news, sites and everything. It's true.

• Somehow your pictures wouldn't load for me

Anyways, of course it's wrong, but there's a difference between discrimination and being held accountable for your choices

• Jon Stewart, hilarious as always!

It looks like discrimination is par for the course for living in the land of the free if you're not a cardbord cutout WASP.

• meh. when other religions are 'discriminated'/criticized no one gives a hoot. they actually support such a thing. except when it comes to islam because it's the religion of double standards. just look at how their countries operate.

What Guys Said 11

• People don't discriminate them because they're "Muslims" per say, they do it because of the teaching that being a Muslim implies.

I believe it is completely reasonable to judge people based on what they believe. I've said this before elsewhere but I stand by it -

I could claim `child molestation isn't actually bad, because in some cases, the child actually enjoys it`. Should you respect my belief?
    I could claim, `if a woman wears provocative clothing, then she deserves to be raped`. Should you respect my belief?
    I could claim, `a woman who doesn't want to have children isn't actually a real woman.`. Should you respect my belief?
    I could claim, `if a woman has sex with a man outside of her marriage, she deserves to be stoned to death`. Should you respect my belief?

Where do you draw the line?

I honestly don't think any belief is any more sacred just because people think it's sacred, and just because people think it's sacred doesn't mean it's true, and just because people think it's true doesn't mean it cannot be subject to criticism.

• You haven't given many details of what you mean. But, when this topic is discussed, there is often a lot of conflation; so, I will address that

The conflation is between acts that are rights violations and acts that are not. Everyone has the right not to be assaulted for example, and, if a Muslim is assaulted, the motive of the assault is morally irrelevant and ought legally to be irrelevant too. An assault is an assault, whether the assailant is motivated by dislike of Islam, dislike of Christianity, dislike of a political party, dislike of the person's hair colour or anything else.

No one, however, has the right not to be criticized. Muslims have to suck it up, just like everyone else.

It is true that almost all Muslims are not terrorists, but that is different from the false claim that Islamic terrorism has nothing to do with Islam. The fact that hardly any Muslims came out in support of freedom of speech against Islamic terrorism is an indication of this, and indeed support of such violence is mandated by that religion. But, suppose that Islam really did preach peace, as supposedly some other religions do. Suppose that there were not a single call to violence anywhere in the Quran or the Ahadith. Could we then reasonably say that Islamic terrorism is actually un-Islamic? No, because the only alternative to reason is ultimately violence. That's because the only means of knowledge is reason, and that includes the only means of knowing whether an act is violence is not. We don't find out through faith whether someone is a murderer or not and therefore whether it would be defence or violence to arrest him. We find out through reason.

As for Islam being the new communism, it is true that Christians make silly arguments against Islam and communism. Islam and Christianity have many similarities, but, even if they didn't, all religions are wrong for essentially the same reason: the rejection of reason. And communism is just Godless Christianity, which is why Christians everywhere (and notably the current Pope) tend to oppose capitalism (except to some extent in the US, though even there Christians aren't very supportive of capitalism, if you actually listen to what they say). That said, just because Christians make stupid arguments against Islam and communism, that doesn't mean that there are no good arguments against those ideologies. On the contrary, they are both reality-rejecting, and therefore, false ideologies.

• The comparison I was trying to make between Islam and Communism is that both ideologies are labelled as bad but few actually do the research. Calling someone a Muslim has been seen as an implication that they are a radical terrorist. All religions have been perverted as a justification for something evil. Christianity for the Crusades, Judaism for Zionist extremism and now Islamic terrorism in the name of Daesh.

• Well, that's the point I'm making, but I did add the crucial point that, just because the arguments that for example Christians make against Islam and communism are often stupid, that doesn't mean that there are no good arguments against them.

I don't actually see the Crusades as a perversion of Christianity or Zionism as a perversion of Judaism or Daesh as a perversion of Islam, for the reasons I stated. I should add for the sake of clarity (considering how the term 'Zionist' is often used) that, while I am against Zionism in the proper sense of the term (because I am against all nationalisms, as I am against all other forms of collectivism), I am very pro-Israel because of its high level of freedom.

• Believe in a religion that discriminates others

doesn't want to get discriminated

sorry but unless your parents are gonna disown you/you will get killed /put in prison / loose your job I have no sympathy for you

• Discriminates against others? Explain?

• @YusiBear well I'm pretty sure that specifically told you to beat your wife, so eh

Not a fan

• Although you are sure of the meaning and most likely won't listen to what I will say, as someone who has studied the Quran under qualified experts, I can tell you that this verse in particular does not mean what you may think it does.
      Now I have explained this many many times, to the point where it's become an almost daily chore.

Now if you want I personally can explain to you the meaning of this verse or I can provide you with a video where someone else explains it.
      I'll provide the link just in case:
      http://youtu.be/eI85xl4CCR8

It's a longer than usual video but it's in detail, and I assume some such as yourself likes to know what he's talking about before making criticisms.

• I think their religion is silly and culture of how they treat dogs because of religious texts and also how they treat woman. But discrimination nah, they seem nice. Their beliefs and actions as a culture doesn't define every individual. I've met tons of westernized muslims in Seattle they don't eat pork but love to drink and have pre marital sex. So depends really just like Christians we aren't all the same

• You mean an American Jew is discriminating against Muslims? No way!

i2.kym-cdn.com/.../Captain-Obvious.jpg

• People always judge the whole group by what the radicals do, it's like that with everything

• they deserve it.

• Well I do accept that not all muslims are bad and it's wrong to discriminate against them, but most of them which I've met are very greedy, selfish and very very communal in nature...

• It makes for good comedy.

• They wouldn't protect me as a nonmuslim if I was in their country. As far as I see it, Muslims already are treated with more respect than they themselves give, and certainly more than they deserve.

• I blame the media!

• People have no idea what Islam is and they juge every Muslim and Islam because of the actions of a few?