Why do less qualified people (usually young) on gag argue on subjects they know nothing about?

For example. I was talking about psychology and conditioning with a girl and she starts by saying she can tell I don't know anything about psychology because I used the word "conditioning". It's a word used often in psychology and sociology which I studied in university. We talk more and she mocks me more and adds she is thinking about taking psychology courses... and I m sitting here thinking how does someone who know nothing and read nothing and experienced nothing on the subject/context were discussing and talk the way they do to someone's who's read 10s of books on it and has a shit load more of life experience with ppl? Do little kids come on here and just troll ppl? This may be a quality site but people don't seem like they're of quality.

Most Helpful Girl

• There's always people who think they know everything.

If you tell them anything their response usually is, "I know".
    I usually end discussions rather quickly with people like that and do not waste my time.
    Don't let people here piss you off.
    Don't let things get to that level.
    Just simply end speaking with him/her.

Most Helpful Guy

• There is something I call 'assertive ignorance' which I see more and more. People who don't know what they are talking about and who refuse to believe anyone knows more. For example I recall a comedian making jokes about the song 'Yankee Doodle', declaring it's lyrics incomprehensible. "How is putting a feather in your hat making you into a noodle". He didn't understand the history of language enough to know a 'macaroni' was a gentleman of fashion, a fop in the 18th century and it didn't occur to him that his own ignorance was the source of the strangeness of the lyric. The idea he might want to look in a dictionary never entered his head.

What Girls Said 1

• Yeah

I troll older people a lot too. But she is just a wannabe. so just ignore her because you already know what your talking about... and dont need anyone to validate. Alrighty

What Guys Said 3

• I find that you will always meet people who know it all especially on net and they don't like it when they are found out.

• They don't know that they don't know

• Cuz they think they know everything.