What age do babies start talking?

I was just having a conversation, and my threw in something about me telling my dad to get away from my mom when I was 1 and like 8 months or so and so reacted to that saying, "wait how old" because it seemed a bit young for a baby to start talking, but I have no clue.

0|0
6|4

Most Helpful Girl

• about a year is when they start expressing themselves more. about 8 months they start with their first words. from my experience anyway. but all babies are differet.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• About 20 months yeah a baby would be talking at that stage.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• The time baby's talk varies.
    A good majority of babies talk anywhere around 1 year- 2 years.
    I tend to notice that babies who talk early,
    tend to have a older sibling.
    Kids learn from exposure and other kids.

0|0
    0|0
  • It varies but the standard is:
    8-10 months: they imitate sounds
    10-14 months: first word
    10-18 months: random words but no phrases
    16-24 months: they know from 50 to 400 words, including verbs and adjectives
    18-24 months: first phrase (2 words)
    30 months: they learn new words on a daily basis, their phrases now have 3 or more words but their grammar is still bad
    36 months: they know around 1000 words.

0|0
    0|0
  • My baby niece is a little over a year old now. She'll basically repeat anything. But She only knows the meaning of words like baba, mama, simple ones like that. And she'll say "uh oh!" If she drops something. I don't know exactly how long she's been doing this though.

0|0
    0|0
  • My daughter started talking at around nine months old...
    she was talking before she could walk -_-

0|0
    0|0
  • Well apparently when I was about 8 months old I said "Hot! Hot! Air conditioner!" Or so goes the story my parents tell me but I would be surprised if the baby was talking at that age.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• Like around a year they start talking. Around three you can have conversations with them.

0|0
    0|0
  • According to my parents I was 9 months when I first said "mama". I guess it depends on every baby.

0|0
    0|0
  • I couldn't talk till I was 3, well my mom said I could but never did...
    but i'd say most kids around 8 - 14 moths...

0|0
    0|0