Excellent Piece of Advice?

what is the most valuable life lesson you have recieved from someone? who was that person?

Most Helpful Guy

• A teacher in last year of HS who told our class:
    "When you're at the university and you lose a good girlfriend, you'll have a big problem."

My guess is that he had some personal experience to prove it.
    I've seen it happen to a few people and indeed...
    I had to dump my ex but I found someone better at the uni.

Most Helpful Girl

• "los flojos trabajan doble" which means lazy people end up working twice as hard.

my mom always taught me that if i do all of the work up front, prepare to the fullest extent, and be direct and honest from the start, it will make my life easier. no back-tracking, so need to coverup lies or make excuses for how i may have felt, no last minute projects.

the more you do and say now, the less you'll have to do and say later, basically.

What Guys Said 6

• The best advice I had to learn myself the hard way is that you are only responsible yourself for your well-being. No matter how many friends and family members you have who support you, it is still you who needs to put in the hard-work to achieve happiness for yourself.

• Treat people the way you expect to be treated yourself.

• "Don't shit on your doorstep." - Dad, repeating what his mum once said
    "Friends are only your friends when it suits them." - Arnold Rimmer, Red Dwarf

• "It's all water off of a ducks back" don't remember who it was, but I've lived by that for years.

• "Everyone has an agenda"
    -myself

• As long as your kids know you love them, it's okay to make parenting mistakes.

What Girls Said 3

• 無一物 Muichi Motsu "Hold Nothing." Supposedly it's a Buddhist saying, but I first got it from Sanzo (Saiyuki) so I guess I'm actually quoting Kazuya Minekura. "If you meet the Buddha, kill the Buddha. If you meet your fathers, kill your fathers. Free of all, bound by nothing, you live your life simply as it is"
    ..
    ..
    ..
    LOL.

• My Mom.

"The race is not for the fastest , it is for the swiftest"

She's completely right.

• "cool brings solution"

whenever have a problem, try to relax your mind first, and thinking in ease, ideas will come