Did I do the wrong thing by asking the 'in room service' man to come into my room?

I ordered some food and the man brought it, I told him to bring it into my room as I couldn't have held the door at the same time as holding the food. When he came in, it was like an aura of comfort (from his part). He got quite close to me and was asking if I'm here on business etc, and asked what I've been up to.

On the way out, I noticed him look at my hand as I was signing the paper and it was like he was about to ask me for my number, but as soon as he (assuming) saw my ring, he didn't and said never mind. Then proceeded, to tell me to have a lovely day.

My question is, do you usually ask the person to come in? Even though I've travelled a lot, I usually don't but did this time. I need to know for future

Most Helpful Guy

• I always ask the person in... I'd rather be responsible for the food once it has been set down... I once had the misfortune of taking the tray off someone at the door and the door being quite heavy knocked the edge of the tray as it was closing and it was a mess. The room service lady had already left... I suppose that's just me, though... it has worked to my benefit on a couple of occasions though...

• Haha oh wow! Embarrasing huh?

• Yeah, I tried calling the room service again but they said that the tray was delivered at the door - it's not their problem, basically (they said it in a more diplomatic and polite way, of course). So, now I make sure they bring it in and set it down...

What Guys Said 5

• Yes. I have them place the tray on my table or out on the patio table.
    He may have really thought you were pretty. Highly unlikely & unprofessional to ask for your number.

• If they are carrying a tray of food I will let them in

• yes, I always tell them to bring the food in, unless I don't have much of a tip ready. I don't think he would have asked you out even if you didn't have a ring. You are after all a customer.

• Yes, please come in and put the rather large and heavy tray on the table or desk.

• If you had to, you had to, but, usually you don't, he knows his boundaries as an employee, so if you invite him in or if it was like what you had here, he won't mind coming in, assuming he's not terribly busy

What sort of ring was it and what finger of what hand was it on?

What Girls Said 0