What's the purpose of life?

Why are we born, to then die?
why do we create strong bonds and relationships to then have to be forced to let them go and never see them again?

Most Helpful Guy

• As a Muslim, I believe that the real purpose of life is to worship Allah ( God ), however the real meaning of worshiping God can be misunderstood, it doesn't really mean that I have to pray for God and to be in the mosque ( or church) 24/7, not at all, in fact there are many things that can be viewed as worshipping God from an Islamic perspective, examples:

- being kind to your family, neighbors, friends, relatives.. etc
    - smiling at people's faces
    - seeking knowledge and education
    - working hard to afford a good living for yourself and your family
    - talking care of your own body and your health
    - being productive so you can benefit yourself and your nation
    - giving money or food to the homeless
    - helping people
    - and literally anything you do with a good intention that you do it for the sake of God.

So don't take it that worshipping God means only being closed on myself and doing nothing but praying, no it really goes beyond that, it means that I'm gonna focus on everything around me, improving myself and trying to be the best I can, focusing on my family and the people I know around me. All of these things that we do on a daily basis can be considered good deeds when the intention is to do them for God. It's simple.

What Guys Said 13

• You create the purpose. It's up to you what your meaning to your life is. If your reason for living is based around finding love, look at it this way: your life takes on more pleasurable meaning if you aim for pleasurable experiences. Those pleasurable experiences can come from a person you love, but the meaning should come from the experience not the person. If that makes any goddamn sense at all XD

• There isn't a purpose to live my friend, Life fucking sucks dick, you just gotta find ways to make it suck less i guess

I guess, biologically, the whole purpose is just to have kids and pass on your genes, but, other then that, life is just a useless ball of shit.

• There is no technical purpose to life. You don't choose to be born. You just make the best of it, since it's all you get to do.

We create strong bonds and relationships because it eases the burden of everyday life and gives us moments of happiness.

• The purpose of life is to become one with your soul to know yourself. We are here to create strong bonds to others like us now and into the afterlife because we are infinite.

• For me, relationship with God and spreading love and truth. Be a good friend to those around me, be honest in my dealings and serve when I can. Accept all without approving the evil deed and tolerate with patience.

I suppose for someone who don't beleive in God is the life of hedonism and debauchery.

• I would say the purpose of life is to experience.
    What you experience is up to you.

• Being happy while you're here. If you are not happy when you're alive, then your life meant nothing.

• Sometimes depression gets the best of me. Not easy to be happy all the time. Difficult when the problem is within oneself.

• I know it's hard, but if we don't fight to get better life will be boring and we may regret later of not trying.

• I believe this life as we know it is simply a tiny step into a bigger picture... think of it like the tutorial in a videogame ^_^

• But then when does the game start? How long are we in the lobby for?

• Stressful enough

• It gets better ^_^

• Why are we born? Our ancestors reproduced.
    Why do we die? That's the nature of biology it breaks down or gets eaten to sustain other forms of biology.
    Why do we make strong bonds? It makes this short and unpredictable game called life bearable :p

• How can it be bearable if it's unbearable to see someone gone

• Oh I didn't know this was a meaning of life question. Well that stuff is pretty subjective. I for one want to make an impression on the world. I want to work hard and help shape and guide human technology going into the future. It's why I'm going to be an engineer ;)

• Yeah it's sad when people die but that temporary sadness pales in comparison to the alternative of not having bonds to begin with.

• We create this bonds to enjoy them for our time on this planet.

• Not sure about yours, but mine is to be a nuisance.

• The purpose of life is to reproduce. That is what instinct drives us to do. Once that is completed, it is up to you to make your life meaningful. It is up to you to leave your mark on humanity. Some do that through charity and helping others, some do it by enriching the lives of those around them, and some do it the less subtle route of becoming famous. My best advice to you is, live your life so that you are happy. If you aren't happy with life, then what's the point of living.

• Fucking, primarily. But since it's continuously being made more illegal to talk to women in any context, there largely won't be any point to life at all quite soon. I guess companies need drones to survive, you could become one of those.

• What do you mean? It's not illegal

• Clearly you've never had a job.

What Girls Said 4

• i look at life as a process of continuously learning and unlearning. Also give more than you take in this life because at the end of it you can't take anything with you, but if you make your mark in other people's lives in a positive way, that stays <3

• I believe life is eternal and this life is just a small step in that.

• "Life's what you make it" - Hannah Montana

• Just to live.