I just quit my job after 5 hours, will this affect a future job offer?

I started a new job today (I'm 19) at a call center and quit after only 5 hours. It was SO stupid! We were doing things we did in elementary school like folding name tags "Hamburger Style" it was just a bunch of stupid busy work so I just never came back from lunch. Could this affect a future job offer? Or do they even have to know about this?

Seriously though, if I wouldn't have quit I would've been fired because it is an automatic termination if you drop and type of curse word. It's a horrible place with an enormous turnover rate.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just don't mention it on your resume. I've had shitty jobs in the past where I was only there for a few days too, leave them off your resume.

If you don't like call centres, don't work in them. Look for office assistant type jobs or data entry if you want something entry-level but without having to deal with the cunty public.

Most Helpful Girl

• just don't put it on your resume, I had to work a hard labour job that broke many safety laws. Even though I worked there the full month and a half I won't put it on my resume because it was so awful and I don't want to be associated with such a sketchy company.

What Guys Said 12

• It could but I doubt it. Just don't put it under references for your resume when looking for professional jobs.

Regarding the swearing bit, you really can't control yourself doing work? I curse like a sailor and work with quite a few assholes but still don't lip off regardless of how much they piss me off. It's just not professional and not worth losing my job over it and that goes for any job.

The only valid reasons for you to quit a job that quick would be that it's a scam, the employers/employees are bad, etc. If you quit that quick because you thought it was stupid then no one will hire you/keep you hired. I have work meetings that are insanely tedious/boring as hell but I'm happy I have the job I have.

• I wouldn't sweat it too much. At your age and with a job like that, future employers wouldn't care a great deal. I wouldn't even bother putting it on your resume or work history on a job application.

• You just described the vast majority if not all call centers. A lot of jobs are customer service based and have rules similar to the ones you didn't like.

• It could because future employers could look at you as unreliable. My advice to you as that you should either not mention your time there or explain that it was only a one time thing.

• If I found out about this, I wouldn't hire you.

• and y is that?

• True. But come on, if they're gonna make you go to an 8 hour a day training everyday for 7 weeks, they should actually train you instead of making you do busy work

• They're paying you, aren't they?

If you don't like it, you should have resigned properly, or just grind it out while you look for another job. Walking off like that is inexcusable.

• It could. Or you can just not use that place as a reference in future applications

• They won't even know it happened as long as you don't out it on your resume. 5 hrs? Not even worth a mention.

• I wouldn't even mention it on your next application

• No it won't you dont even have to list it on an application

• If they say on a application can they contact the job you used to work at and they do, it might

• It might if they ever find out about this. If you keep doing it and leaving a pattern then the odds go up that future employers WILL find it, so make sure this is the first and last time you do it. Also, I wouldn't even bother putting it on your resume.

• Probably not, you're only 19 and it was a shitty job in a call center, you won't remember it in 10 years time.

What Girls Said 2

• Yes it could. You quiting after only 5 hours looks bad.

• I doubt it will.