Who will get to survive the apocalypse with you?

You as team leader, are lucky enough to be chosen to decide who gets to hopefully survive the impending apocolpse in an underground bunker. You have been given the names, documentation, medical records, and personal interviews of your potential bunkmates who will be tasked with helping to start a new world if and when its safe to go back to the surface. Unfortuantely, the bunker is not big enough for everyone and in order to have enough supplies so that everyone can live, you must leave one person behind. Who would you choose to leave behind, and why?

• A 16 year old prodigy and Engineering graduate (female)
  • A 26 year old history teacher in a wheel chair (female)
  • A 40 year old carpenter with a drug problem (female)
  • A 37 year old organic farmer and chef who has AIDS (male)
  • A 22 year old first year med student (male)
  • A 64 year old clergyman (male)
  • or you can let them all live and leave yourself out
You are deciding who you kick out of the bunker, not who stays with you...

Most Helpful Guy

• I choose C. Because a female carpenter with a drug problem will most definitely slow me down & get me killed. Besides she might ask me for drugs while we are in a middle of a zombie apocalypse & will screw things up for the both of us. So I would be better alone for a while until I find a group of people who I could really trust with my life. Before teaming up & doing anything with anyone, I will arm myself with automatic weapons, powerful pistols, magnum revolvers, along with some antiviruses for safe keepings & help eliminate the virus I could get from zombie bites.

What Guys Said 7

• If there's no other choice then I'll vote 'G' else I'd keep everyone including me in the bunker :)
    A - 16 yo prodigy & Engineering Grad, I'd allow to stay cause she's 16; an upcoming engineer; someone who has a lot to look forward to and most importantly she's a living human being
    B - Wheelchair or not she's a teacher and a history one at that who can teach the others (in case none on the world survive) a lot about our history so it's not lost
    C - She's a skilled worker. A drug problem will resolve itself (hopefully if it's not physiological addiction) cause she won't get any in the bunker
    D - Even though he has AIDS, he is an organic farmer and chef. Not only can he teach the others about farming so that they can grow stuff after they step out of the bunker whether he survives or not but also cook for them while still there
    E - First year or not he's a med student who can care for the others including the organic farmer and carpenter
    F - He is very important too because not only his wealth of experience but also in maintaining the humanity in others there with his knowledge of religion and peity

Furthermore, for all you know they can have children etc hence this bunker is a Noah's Ark of sorts :)

• This was an actual exercise I was given at a meeting once. It's supposed to illustrate what we personally put value on. Is it self sacrifice and our own selflessness, is it on future ideas of procreation for humanity, is it health, it is intelligence, is it religion, is it youth, is it old age and experience, is it knowledge, etc. What is important to you.

• I'm just stating where and why and how this question came to be. If you didn't feel that that had anything to do with it, then you didn't.

• I do get the point of your explaining where & how the question came to be :) Not intending to debate or argue, I merely explained how I deduce what I did in the opinion. Thank you for your comments. I really did like the question :)

• Or option H just me and cockroaches

• I'd leave 64 year old clergyman out. He's old. If we survive. He's going to die very soon anyway. He won't be very useful most of times. Also, no speciality in profession. Even for short time he will be actually pretty much a burden.

• Keep all the females, and tell all the other males to hit the road.

Duh.

• I dumped the clergyman. What use is he to me?

• I would say none of the above, only because I know that in the unlikely situation that I would need any help, I would partner up with Bert Reynolds.

• 64 year old clergyman. He's too old to be physically useful and his profession is practically useless.

What Girls Said 6

• I chose D, not out of prejudice but because I don't we'd be able to provide proper treatment for the man and he wouldn't be all that useful in the repopulation process. I'd rather leave him out of the bunker to die in the meteor shower, flood, alien invasion, whatever apocalypse than have him slowly die in the bunker with the rest of us, knowing that I had to kick someone else out to die just for him to die in here.

• This sounds super horrible, or super good depending on how your mind works, but supposing we did leave him out there during a zombie apocalypse and the zombies happened to eat him and get infected as well and then die of the disease. In a way his death would save us all.

• i voted G! i am a zombie,,, i think i'll be able to survive the apocalypse on my own

• I'm assuming the people who voted E didn't read the entire question. I voted G, because I wouldn't be able to leave anyone out, so I'm the only other option.

• I voted G. Because I prefer to survive alone. Find a new safe place, turn it into a bunker for myself and survive. If I stayed with people, I'll probably die or some fool would do something stupid that would jeopardize the bunker or the rest of us.

• I've thought of this option, but all it takes is you tripping and falling and breaking something and you're massively screwed. Minimum I'd want to bunker with 2 people. That way, if something happens to one, two people can easily carry the other, that's 3 sets of eyes watching for danger in all directions, that's 2 people to fetch water and food, while one guards the bunker, that's just enough people to play just about any game with, and if sex is going to happen, there's options!

• You can't guarantee you won't die even when you are with a person either. Yes I may catch sickness/disease/broken bone, but all that can also happen to you when you're with another person (or it csn happen to that other person), then you're screwed when there's an attack. Yes, they can takecare of you when you're sick, but they can also kill you or be the cause of your death. People are unpredictable and unreliable which make them dangerous during times like the apocalypse. I can show you a lot of movies where the scenario shows how panic turns people into fools and make foolish mistakes. There are more situations where you get killed because of another person than live because of another person.

• If your last statement were true, we wouldn't need police or swat or armies or any type of group of people that routinely protect other people. Basically we're all going to die anyway whether in the reality we live in now or a hypothetical apocalypse, but if you are basing your argument on movies entirely and not in reality of people who really had to survive in such situations, then that's no argument at all for either one of us because those are works of fiction. Anyway, knock on wood, this never happens and we never have to actually think about it, but honestly who cares because you're going to survive the way you choose anyway, right. The end. :o)

• He's young enough that I can control him with sex and smart enough that he can sew me up if a zombie rips me up. I'll take it!

• Anyone with aids.