Homeless drug addicts vs homeless father? What do you think?

Who would you help out?

• homeless drug addict
  • homeless father

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 6

• Ok, don't drag your child on to the street and beg. If I had a child and god forbid I became homeless, I would not be sat around on my arse on the street with my baby, at the least I would be finding her somewhere to sleep, hunting for work, applying for shelters. I suspect the homeless drug addict got so much support because they figured he was being honest instead of lying. At least he's being upfront about why he wants the money.

I'm not saying it's right but it isn't a dreadfully accurate portrayal of who people would be more willing to donate money too.

• What makes you assume the homeless dad isn't a drug addict as well? I'd be more likely to help the dad out because it involves his kid as well. Not sure why he wouldn't have gotten help from all the programs they have out there for parents though. Seems like an off scenario.

• I didn't watch the video. Was it showing that the drug user needed the money more?

• You shouldve watched the video lol it was a social experiment on who gets more money.

• I doubt it was pointless because this social experiment was done in ny city, one of the biggest cities out there with a veriety of ethnicity, culture, diffrent minds basically and on top of all that the poor lady was given more money.

• It still doesn't matter because each "homeless person" was in a completely different crowd of people, all of whom had different lives and moods and could have been having a good or a bad day.
      The experiment is pointless.

• Umm... I don't get the homeless dad.. why would he be homeless?

• WTF! the druggy got all the money?

• a father will always find a way to survive, drug addicts on the other hand need some shelter and guidance

What Guys Said 2

• I guess they gave the druggie money because they felt that he was being honest about where the money was going as for why they didn't give the homeless father I have no idea.

Truth is I would rather give a homeless person food instead of money since I know where that goes.

• homeless dad i guess... since it wasn't his choice to end up being a single dad... ok and drug addict wasn't his choice at all if u think about it... sth lead him there.

anyway how about 50:50? guess this would be da best solution