Why am I so self conscious about how I look?

People tell me i'm pretty (i don't believe them). Lots of guys like me. But yet i absolutely hate how i look. I'm so self conscious i have to always look in a mirror to see if i look okay or not, and i'm never happy with what i see. I feel like i have to always look perfect and even then it's not good enough. If a guy was staring at me trying to flirt, i just can't keep eye contact because i think i look terrible, and he would be repulsed. I probably wouldn't be able to keep a relationship going cause i would just keep thinking he must think i look awful.

I'm not looking for advice on how i look because it doesn't seem to help. I just want to know if anyone else feels the same.

Most Helpful Guy

• whatever... . narcissism at it finest... .

• narcissism how?

• if you have nothing relevant to say, then why answer my question. i'm the complete opposite of narcissistic so you kinda failed...

• it takes pride to depress over beauty or lack thereof. until you understand the deepest roots of your prolems you'll never heal. what you read might seem unrelated at a superficial level but it isn't... .

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been able to relate. in the end, how u think of yourself makes the biggest difference. thing is, we will never look 'perfect' no one is capable of that. and u know, say someone looks amazing, maybe they have something missing in their life.

everyone has something they're insecure about or unhappy with. we just need to come to terms with our flaws and befriend them i guess. once u can get to this stage, you will be able to love yourself more. if u r able to control aspects of ur look such as weight or hairstyle then go for it! if not, acceptance. that's the key hun =]

What Guys Said 3

• personally not but there r many people unfortunately who feel da same way, whilst they shouldn't.

it's just low self-confidence... u just think they r lyin when they say u r pretty... even if many people tell u

• Hell if I know. It's your brain, only you know what you've been through in order to become that way. Figure it out.

• There would be a lot of people who feel like that

What Girls Said 1

• I just think I have a different attitude. I dress how I like, bearing in mind where I'm going. I don't give a toss what other people think. If they have an issue with how I look, that's their problem. As long as you don't walk about with the hem of your dress tucked in your knickers, nothing else matters.

If a guy looks at you it's going to be because he's interested in you. Don't keep blowing it because you feel inadequate. He wants to get to chat, to find the girl inside. Go get him!