Am I the only one who is annoyed when people lie about their age?

I try to give decent advice on here and since I'm older than most of the people on here I can relate to a lot of their situations at a point in their life. I just find it so annoying writing a response and writing it to how someone at that age it would make sense only to find out that person is lying by many years about their age.

Perfect example the other day someone was asking for a relationship advice and their profile said 24, but she then says she is 16.

Most Helpful Girl

• You could tell by the way they write.. they sound 12 years old.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's amazing that some people actually have the nerve to admit in their questions that they lied about their age. I've started to provide this link and ask that they request GAG change their date of birth. It's slowly starting to work. I highly encourage everyone to do the same when they encounter such a person.

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/account#19

What Girls Said 3

• I think when some sign up they just lie without thinking of the potential outcome and usefulness of this site, and you can't change it unless they made another profile. However yes it's annoying x

• say someone lied to you in real life when you first started dating. now you had sex, somewhat attached and like him but find out he is 5 years older than you initially thought. do you leave him or do you stay? he told you he was 28 but he's actually 33.

• Oh that's really shitty, however I would probably stay, I wouldn't be discouraged infact I like that age range lol.

• Not true that you can't change your date of birth. GAG will do it one time only upon request. Some people need to be urged to do so, though.

• No I know what you mean. I feel she gives a good idea of the advice needed. I don't lie about mine, end of the day I can't change my age so who cares?

• i saw a guy who couldnt be older than 24 whose profile said 98 years old or something

i dont like tbh but wouldn't say it's annoying
    i dont take this idiotic site seriously anyway

What Guys Said 2

• That is a big issue on site - I tend to ignore age on screen and try get an age vibe of text of question

• GAG is filled with liars and trolls.