In gyms, why do people grunt a lot? is it just to impress people?

and impress who? total strangers?

Most Helpful Girl

• Its been proven that when you grunt, you actually get a better work out. That's why tennis players are so loud lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Some people do it to impress, other people do it to get pumped up. I kinda always saw it the same as a "Kiai," those freaky noises martial artists do when they're performing their moves.

• well since you have a spiritualist outlook, well nobody else has to care... and your asperger's, but meh, whatever..

• Oh boy, I wooonnddeeeerrrr who this could POSSIBLY be.

• haha... why do you expect me to be nice to you? as a spiriualist like your friend abundantlyrich or whoever, pray to your spirits lolol.

What Girls Said 1

• I row in my spare time, and it is impossible to do a 2km time trial on an erg (indoor rower) and get a good time if you don't push yourself to the limit where you will make a bit of noise.

What Guys Said 8

• When I do it my goal is helping myself to lift what I'm lifting, normally it's just when it's too heavy. I try to avoid it but sometimes I can't help it. It's not to show off. I agree that some people will do it to show off though.

• And impress strangers? Ok.. weak.

• Some just do it because they feel it gives them extra drive - Weightlifters make a lot of noise.

• or chicks being around there ;)

• Only when I go heavy... Which is every time

http://i62.tinypic.com/np1lkw.jpg

• Because I actually lift "weights" and when in gym, its all business OP

• Some do it just because they're working their butt off

• its to let out all the seam

• Not really. Some people just think it helps