How would you react if an Asker answered this way?

Say Asker’s 40 yo and u r 20…. he asks for some advice about a problem he has…and u give him some helpful advice but before he even reads it he responds:

“sorry but I can’t take yer advice seriously u r just a kid.”

So how would u react if this happened? Disappointed? Angry?

Personally really disappointed... after dedicatin so many mins for his question :(

Most Helpful Girl

• I understand your struggle. And technically you are an adult, but sometimes people think that maturity and age are directly linked and thats not true. Someone who is, say 20, can be more wise than someone twice their age. Generally good advice comes from personal experiences and knowledge and who is he to say that you dont have that or anyone else younger for that matter. My mom and I have always had a relationship in which she treated me as an equal and i honestly think im more mature and responsible for it. So when adults treat me like a child i want them to realize that age does not matter because you can experience something at any age. I've helped my mom pay bills. I pay for my own needs. Im starting college in the fall. Dont underestimate someone because of their age.

• best answer so far... u prove to those people who complain about "underage" people here dat u r way more mature than 'em :D

• Thank you! :)

What Girls Said 10

• I would say I have given my advice.. take it or leave it.. I don't care..
    ...
    ...
    you better take it old man!!!

• I think it has happened once for twice. I'm just like ''ok, fuck u, bye''... I have no time for such people.

• yeah i remember... someone called u immature... and u made a thread about it

• yeah, but that wasn't quite that, they didn't call me that because of my age, they themselves were around my age I believe and it was just namecalling because we were fighting about nothing

• ah i see... :(

• I'd appreciate any advise. This is a 13+ forum.
    But I don't have to take the advise

• It's annoying but whatever. If they want to be dumb and ignore good advice, I can't force them.

• It's really annoying and means he were just looking for excuses to why I am wrong and why he shouldn't listen to me, but when he couldn't find any, he attacked my age.

• I would be disappointed but I'd indifferent. It's the same things as me telling an under 18 kid that.

• To me he would just come off as a unintelligent cunt.

• It's happened to me before and it's very annoying/disappointing. This site was made so that people can get advise from all different perspectives, and mine happens to be one. Sorry for trying to help because you obviously need it.

• I would be disappointed. I hate when people don't take me seriously because of my age.

• I'd be pretty annoyed. Just because someone is young doesn't mean they don't know anything/are too immature or can't relate to certain situations. I hate it when people tell me I'm "too young to understand".

What Guys Said 10

• I find any reference to age by people here a bit unfair - People should judge people on the quality of their answers not their age.

• I don't get mad often but I'd be pissed at the guy for basically asking for advice and then disregarding anything I'd say after wasting my time with him. Especially if he didn't say on the question that he wanted answers from only older people.

So something along the lines of...
    "Fuck you. Have a good day! Thanks for wasting my time 😄
    If you wanted only older people, just say so on the question."

• I'm over 40 and I welcome your advice. I can't believe that the asker did that to you. If he didn't want your opinion why did they ask? Besides a fresh point of view is always helpful.

• no it didn't happen to me... it's a hypothetical situation.

and thanks.

• No problem.

• I would say, "lol whatevs bye." If he doesn't want advice from me, I ain't gonna waste time with him.

• I've been dismissed as just a kid (which I am), but my hobbies are thinking, reading, listening, learning and trying to understand. It used to be part of my profile as dogbert777. I always try to give a detailed logical answer to serious questions because I want to help the asker. Too often I've had the retort, "You haven't had enough experience" or, as you say, "You are just a kid".

It just makes me sad, not angry.

• really? that's sad :(

• I'd be disappointed in his/her response but hey I got the Xper :P
    Personally I don't discriminate by age. I think the best advice I ever got was from a 15 year old actually.

• I would just say "lol OK" and carry on.

• I'm 14
    I've had a hater like that. I respond disappointed, I know more than it might seem, got a lot of older friends and had a few experiences

• is this really happenin then?

• u can tell me who he is via pm if u don't mind :D

• Well, I don't remember the name... I should scroll back to one of my first questions answered...
      But people who are acting like that aren't worth remembering anyway

• I'd laugh then move on. Someone who clings to the stereotype that someone younger than them can't possibly have useful info isn't worth my time.

• I'd be outraged by their spelling.