Am I being unreasonable?

Today, I woke up at around 9AM and just got out of the shower when my mum came home from work. She had a little kid with her and she told me to look after him for the entire day, it turns out it's her bosses' child. Apparently her boss and his wife were fighting a lot so the child didn't want to stay at home with his mum, so I had to spend the whole day looking after a kid that I don't know because his dad, who I don't know and his mum, who I don't know were fighting.

Am I being unreasonable to be upset? I had no plans for that day but I can't Skype my friends because the only way I could pull it off was if I had my headset on (so he didn't hear the swearing) which would be very rude. I couldn't watch a film unless it was a childrens one and I couldn't go on my laptop because then he'd want to just play the games that are on there whilst I sit there and do nothing. He's 8 so he's too young to just sit and do something for a few hours, he has to have someone with him to, and I quote "OMG look at this!" or "how do I do this". I literally spent the whole day sitting next to this kid watching minecraft videos.

TL;DR - I had to babysit an 8 year old who I didn't know for the entire day without any notice.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd definitely have been annoyed if I was you, but I'm sure your Mom was none too impressed either...

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree it was an unreasonable request by your mother's boss but you have to help your mother out. Ask her is there any other solution

What Girls Said 1

• I know what you mean. I hate it. If it's for a hour I can take it, but for so long I would be really annoyed too.

What Guys Said 2

• He needed you.

This probably helped him a lot.

• No, you're not being unreasonable. Your mom is out of line.