Can I get shorter?

my brother is 19 i'm turning 14 but i'm almost his height and taller than most guys my age, i'm almost 5'8 i feel very awkward

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys are usually smaller than girls at your age. Give them time. They'll grow to be as tall or taller than you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not until you're 86 and your spine starts to degenerate. Sorry, love, you're going to be tall.

• but how much more will i continue to grow my 19 year old brother seems done at 5'7.5 but my 23 year old brother is 6'1

• That's totally impossible to say. I was finished growing by your age, but it really depends on when you started.

What Guys Said 10

• 5'8 is fine for me. For some guys, it's perfect. You won't get any taller since girls generally stop growing around your age. You will get a little shorter after 50 or 55 trust me lol ;)

• Around 50 you'll start to lose some height, because of the compression of your intervertebral disks.

• but i don't care after 50, i mean while being 14,15,16 + i can't be that tall, my last boyfriend was 16 and he was 6 ft but that's it most guys r short i guess i would have to wait until they get taller ! but my brother when my parents send him places with me it's weird being taller since i've looked up to him since birth until i was 12 i was almost his height now i'm turning 14 in a few months i'm a inch taller an really is kinda weird sometimes i tease him but it is annoying for me

• I'm 5'10. Sorry I got ya beat. :P

• Haha c'mon that good, you are blessed, you must be happy about that. Tall girls are attractive.

• but at the moment i'm 2 tall !! hopefully boys get their spurt soon i can't date guys 18 + at my age

• You will get a bit smaller with age. Sometime when you are 60

• You should stop growing soon. Women usually stop around 15 or 16.

• U can't get shorter or taller

• You lose height over the course of the day.

• Try going for a spin in the tumble dryer, I've shrunk stuff in there before.

• Don't be, you're about the same height as me.

What Girls Said 4

• No, not without cutting off your legs. You're perfect model height though so you should be happy. Your body will always be nice and even.

• When your really old you do.

• it's not possible once your bones have grown they have grown

• If it's really serious a doctor might be able to give medication that will stunt growth but that's a very complicated process.