Do you agree or disagree with President Obama's decision to normalize relations with Cuba?

If you support President Obama's decision to normalize relations, how do you respond to the criticism that the new policy only rewards the Castro regime without demanding the changes that are necessary to set Cuba on a path to democracy?

do you believe President Obama should make a personal visit to Cuba before he leaves office next year, which would undoubtedly involve meeting with Raul Castro, the official head of the Cuban state?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't even understand why the American government quit talking to Cuba in the first place. Seems to me like a very childish behavior. I mean... if you have a buddy or a family member who has some very different opinions on some issues, do you just walk away, ignore them and pretend they don't even exist? Especially during rough times, countries should talk to each other and America denied several earlier attempts by Cuba to sort things out. The American government was just being all sulky and childish about it.
    And I also don't think Cuba should even be told what to do. I disagree that Cuba should stick to any expectations the US government has of them. America is already sticking its nose into almost every foreign country's business, poking around in their junk and trying to command the rest of the world how they have to live their lives. Cuba will come around eventually. And the less America gets on their nerves, the faster they will change their mind about things. If, on the other hand, America keeps treating them like children as they do with a lot of the countries in the middle east, it will come as no surprise (and I would totally understand it) that Cuba will just be like "you know what... screw this."

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I do think think ending a stupid old feud is a good thing. One step closer to peace, every little bit counts

What Guys Said 4

• I think its wrong that cuba did what they did during the revolution. All the torturing and executions but honestly, the past is the past. Hopefully we can normalize relations to the point where we trade with them and then maybe become good neigbors like we are with the Canadians yes they are not a demarcacy but jonestly who carea, leta make some money off of them. So, yes, i think its good that obama is opening our relationahip with.

• Agree. It was hypocritical of the United States not have relations with Cuba.

• Sanctions didn't work, perhaps a new approach is needed.

• Idc. I can already go there

What Girls Said 0