What would you do if you were trying to sleep, but your next door neighbors dog kept yapping?

Just pretend you have a next door neighbor with an annoying dog who won't stop yapping and keeping you awake.

what would you do?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 10

• Out of curiosity I looked up whether anything legally could be done about a constant barking dog, and it looks like you are on your own.

http://newanimalcontrol.org/barkinglaws.shtml

My neighbor had a dog that barked every night for at least 6 hours straight. I had to resort to using a sleep machine and or headphones whenever I couldn't sleep. Eventually they moved out... after 3 years, ugh, and my quality of life has vastly improved. So sound machine?

• Throw it a sleeping pill steak, of course.

Really though, 3 of our dogs were part husky, 1 recently passed away, and they would howl... no, not howl, yoddle. They would yoodle when an ambulance passed, when a fire truck passed, when any siren went off. We taught them to shut up, but only by running outside in a fervor and acting like a banshee ready to take heads off.
    They stopped for a while when their brother died, maybe 1 day, BUT they found a replacement. My shepherd, chow, boxer, bulldog mix decided she was part husky :) So, the band is back at it, stronger than ever.

• Knock politely on the door the First time and kindly ask him if Rover can go back inside in order for you and the neighborhood to get their beauty rest. Many places after 10 am at nite is considered Peace time and Anything after that Golden hour is considered "Disturbing the peace."
    However, if the neighbor is not too neighborly and is 'Yapping' at you that he has rights, call 9-11 for the cops to Intervene, and put this to bed once and for all.
    Good luck. xx

• i would go have a talk with my neighbors..

• My next door neighbours are already annoying af. I usually yell out of the window if I'm really agitated.

• Well my neighbor cusses her dog out and that seemed to have worked just fine.

• Get ear plugs

• Blast heavy music..

• this happened to me about a week back, i just put cotton wool in my ears and slept like a baby

• Muzzle the demon thing! Then muzzle the owner too!

What Guys Said 8

• Well if it was a one-time thing, I'd probably just be grumpy about it, turn to the side and keep trying to fall asleep. However, if it was regularly reoccuring, I'd most likely go over there and talk to my neighbor about it. Luckily, the mentality in my country can be quite similar to that of Japanese people in some aspects. Like Japanese people, Swiss people love to be quiet and they expect other people to be quiet. So loud neighbors are rarely a problem. I live in an apartment block with pretty thin walls and ceilings and the only noise I hear form time to time is the 5-year old girl from upstairs playfully running around and I don't mind that cuz I like children a lot :-).

• Lol only dogs I wish I have motion sensitive light that goes into my room on the left and two giant floodlights that are also motion sensitive and shine into my room from the right, my room gets lit up like a Christmas tree every time a animal walks past the darned things.

• HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂 🎉 🎊 🎉 🎊

• Remember the guitar amp in back to the future? *That* blasting dog whistle with enough decibel to stop the little fucked in his tracks on an automatic, directional, decibel-monitor... Too much? 😈

• I do have a neighbor that does have a barking dog, but I have enough acreage so that I can't hear it when I'm inside. If I could hear it, I'd probably call the sheriff's office and let them handle it.

• The sheriff won't put away his muffin and coffee for a barking dog, dammit.
      Tell him you killed the neighbor: he'll be there at once. :)

• I'm a road captain for our community watch. I have our area's patrol deputies' cell phone numbers, so I don't even have to go through the dispatch center. If I call, they'll come out when they have a few minutes free. If not, they'll have to explain to me and the group why they didn't at our next monthly meeting.

• I'd do my best to ignore it; make it fade into the background.

• Freeze'em.

• A sleeping pill.
    A big one (or 4 or 5) , in a meatball for the dog.