Should I be greatly ashamed and guilty that my mom died taking a bullet for me in a shooting intended for me?

Right now, I'm still feeling lot of pain after losing my mom not too long ago. I grew up in a very bad neighborhood where children are influenced with gangs. I tried my best to avoid them at all cost until some group of teens would never leave me alone and wanted to prove something by trying to shoot me (thinking they're an OG). My mom was aware of the trouble I've been getting into and I've been trying to tell her to stay out of it for the sake of her own life. The next thing you know, I was just walking back home to school and then these group of wannabe gangsters were actually dead serious about shooting me dead until my mom reacted very quickly and jumped in. Then the cops came in on time to scare away the coward teens while I was just mourning over my critically wounded mom, :(. She died and then I ended up moving out of the neighborhood and live with my aunt.

After all these several months, I keep beating myself up over this tragedy.

• Yes. You're a man/big boy and should always die for your female loved ones
  • No, of course not. She's your mother and did what any mother would do.
  • Others

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh my gosh... This is the saddest thing I've read today. It's not your fault In any way so don't blame yourself. She wanted to protect as much as she could just like any mother would do.

Most Helpful Guy

• yer mom was a hero bro... actually not many people would take a bullet for another person even if it's a mom takin a bullet for her kid... u should be proud of her...

What Girls Said 5

• My mother is the same as yours. She knows I would risk my life for her but she would rather die than seeing me dead or injured. A mother's instinct to protect her child is the strongest one ever.

• I would have done the same for my son, in her memory stay away from the bad crowd and get a good education to make her proud :)

• No please don't blame this on yourself imagine how horrible it would've been for her to live without you just if you feel so guilty do something good for her. Help someone give back

• Be glad you had a mother like that, not everybody has a mom that would do that. I would of do the same thing if I have children. She showed you she loved you even more by saving her own kid. You are lucky to have such a great mom like that! She is a hero! She is your hero! Sorry for your lost!

• it's not your fault... she's your mom... i know my parents would die for me if they had the chance to save me... no parent want their child to die before them...

What Guys Said 3

• Your mum did the right thing mate, its a hard call to make but I have no doubt I would have done the same for my children, be proud of her, don't be ashamed or guilty

• If you were my kid
    I wouldn't jump in the way i'd pull you out the way so we both don't die

Id stay having protection in a neighborhood like that (but thats just me)

• I feel like I want to beat these teenage morons to death