Is 20 miles too far to travel back and forth for a part time job that pays me minimum wage?

I'm not sure if it's worth it considering I'm about to start college which would mean another trip...

should i I just quit? I have the option to do so today

Most Helpful Girl

• Probably. It depends on whether or not they are wiling to work around your schedule. Also check with your school. Many don't allow first year (assuming you are) students to bring their car on campus/won't offer them a parking spot.
    Check the school. Many offer part time work as well. Or near by places. With gas prices being so high and this job being part time you're basically going to be spending half your pay checks on gas.

With the commute on top of working it could hinder your study time as well. Unless you absolutely love this job it probably isn't worth it.

Some jobs let you come back when you're on break. You could ask your boss if that's an option as well.

Most Helpful Guy

• Find a job closer to you. 20 miles =32.18 km is pretty far.

What Girls Said 2

• Work until you have to go back to school, and then quit.

• I don't think it's worth it, the trip itself is time consuming and can be tiring. Everyday I travel 30 kms. back and forth to get to school and it has it's ups and downs.

What Guys Said 1

• 20 miles TOTAL? That isn't too bad if you car gets decent milage