Have you ever noticed big-sized dogs bark less often than small-sized ones?

I’ve noticed dogs who bark more often r usually small-sized and they bark loudly and continuously…but bigger dogs r usually more calm and they rarely bark at all.

Anybody else who’ve noticed dat? If yes can u xplain it?

0|0
8|12

Most Helpful Guy

• all dogs bark at me regardless of size. must be my frequency.

0|1
    0|0
    • LOL... that's weird.. do they chase u as well?

• nah the owners are usually pulling back on their leash. the frequency my bike gives off makes dogs bark at me all the time.

• i see... didn't know about bike frequencies... thanks :)

What Girls Said 8

• 1|2
    0|0
  • Nope my neighbor had a huge Rotweiler barked non-stop. The Jack Russell across the street from me almost never barked.

0|0
    0|0
  • Small dogs feel threatened much more easily and are thus more likely to lash out.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes i notice this too.. small ones have this annoying bark... and they keep on barking...

0|0
    0|0
  • The little ones just want to be heard

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, small dogs bark more, that's just how it is..

0|0
    0|0
  • 'Less bark, more bite'
    Same with humans.

0|0
    0|0
  • Notice me senpai

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 11

• "Barking dogs, seldom bite"

This is reality in dogs as well as in human beings. Those bigger dog are like predators who believe in real deal ie. hunting. They don't believe in barking because it's worthless while smaller dogs bark in hope that people (or any other animal) would be afraid of them because in reality, they cannot do much damage as they are weak.

Same with humans. Those who pretends or are out-loud can do literally nothing while those who keep silent and calm has great planning in their minds and they'd counter on the right opportunity.

My neighbour aunt has two stupid white Pomeranian bitches. They bark on everyone. One day, a monkey took away one of them lol which meant they are completely stupid. My another aunt has a German Shepherd dog. Those Pomeranian bark at him too but he doesn't bark back. I think when he'll be pissed off so bad, he'd eat them.

www.smiley-lol.com/.../napoleon1.gif

0|1
    0|0
  • Coincidentally I noticed this today again as well. I have a theory as to why - small dogs are more stupid. And there's a simple reason for that - they're not supposed to even exist. Humans made them pretty much, without humans, small dogs would have never appeared in nature, or they would have but over a LONG stretch of time. Small dogs are in essence the same as big dogs, except their bodies and the brains along with them have shrunk in far too few generations for the brain to adapt to a smaller body.

But I dunno, maybe I'm wrong.

0|0
    0|0
    • r small dogs human-made? o_O

i thought it was just their breed...

• Show All
    • i see... never searched it any further... but thanks for da info :)

• no prb, dude.

• Big ones know they're big and strong, and have nothing to prove.

Little ones are trying to assert themselves and make up for their lack of stature.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would say insecurity - Making noise to make up for lack of stature - Primal instinct to frighten off any predators

0|0
    0|0
  • That's because little dogs suck, the only reason they continue to exist is because women buy them because "they're cute"

0|0
    0|1
  • Oh yeah those small dogs saying "wif! wif! wif!"... they just don't stop :o
    I suppose that a big dog doesn't need to bark to look dangerous haha :D

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, because big sized dogs usually were bred for protection and herding while small dogs were meant to hunt.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not a fan of irritating little yippy dogs...

0|1
    0|0
  • Small dogs seem to have a Napoleon complex. So even though they're small, they think big. That's where the phrase "His bark is worse than his bite" came from

0|0
    0|0
  • Little dogs are yappy. Big dogs just woof

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep, same goes for people, too.

0|0
    0|0