Guys, are any of you airline pilots or training to become one?

I'm curious ;)

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Not technically, but I start flight school next spring, if all goes according to plan 😊

What Guys Said 12

• I'm a private pilot (since 2005) and I'm also teaching theoretical knowlegde to private pilots. Commercial pilot is off limits for me since I'm color blind.
    Plus: commercial pilot requires a good scientific knowlegde. I mean mathematics and physics.
    And I'm an economist... so my basic knowledge was not really excellent.
    If it's your dream, go to an aviation academy and ask questions and even more questions! Don't take the decision in half an hour, consider the financial side, your capabilities and especially: be certain you want to dedicate 110% of your time to it :D

• I'm not planning to be a pilot, lol.

• Yeah, I was just curious.

• No problem :D
      Our hobby (or job for some) is exciting you know... it's a microbe. Once you start flying, you can't stop!

• Training is extremely expensive... You first have to get sport--private--instrument--Jet----commercial
    This will have better info and is one of the top schools to train at for flying... also might be helpful if you can pay 100$ and just try it out yourself see if it is your thing..
    https://www.pea.com/become-pilot/

• Someones got a pilot fetish eh?

• Not really a fetish, lol :P
      I just find it attractive.

• I am not a pilot, Nor do i intend to be.

But i did when i was little, Was in the RAFCadets and stuff and flew this little plane for about 2 hours haha. (I have this lovely little photo of 14 year old Obese me in a flight suit with a parachute and shit on and it looks fucking hilarious haha).
      Though, Good luck finding a pilot i guess.

• Hahah, aww! :)

• No, it doesn't pay like it used to. Many new pilots are on food stamps in NYC.

• I'm colour blind so I can never be a pilot.

• You can be a private pilot! I can know it, I have a license and I'm colour blind :D
      And since you're from Ireland you'd get the same (European) Part-FCL license I have!

• I had thought about it so many times back in time, but overly disciplined jobs are not meant for me. Pilot is basically = Soldier. Same discipline. I can't shave every single day rest of my life and never cut my hair. It's not about that

• Comment was accidently posted. I carry on:

It's not about that cutting some hair, a flight company plans your life for you.

• No... I'm going to school to become an Aeronautical Mechatronics Engineer. I wish to go to other planets or moons for colonizing missions, research, experiments, testing, and trying to help with life extension for humans in long term space missions.

• I'm a cockney. Ever heard a cockney airline pilot?

• No never heard of it. I had to search what 'cockney' means.

K, that's cool :)

• Naw, but my brother is; its kind of being a glorified bus driver.

• Im curious why you asked this question

• I have a thing for pilots 😅

• its stressful and not as glamorous as you think and its losing its appeal now, sorry to be negative but you can say its still better then a lot of jobs

• I imagine how stressful it can be :/
      That's why I said it's a "brave" job. Going through all that stress is not easy. It's impressive too, that's far more appealing than having a "glamorous" job.

• I would love to do it but my health condition means I would never pass a medical

• Do you pilot the Cessna 152 on the picture? I've done my people training in a 152...

• Sjeez what a typo... *PPL* training, except if GAG changed that automatically to "people".

• Nope was a flying taster my bro got for me but I did fly it for around 10mins though with him helping me.

• Funny I have a thing for airplane stewardesses lol

• Funny how I was searching to apply to be one a few hours ago.