Should females be allowed to serve in the combat arms jobs within the military, or should they continue not to be?

• Yes, they should be allowed.
  • No, they should continue to not be allowed.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes but I think there should be all women units.

What Girls Said 6

• Are we not allowed to?

Why did my Lieutenant do two active duty tours in Afghanistan then? She was certainly armed and at the front.

So I'm genuinely curious... are we still not allowed to be there?

• Yeah, sure. Here women are allowed to serve in more dangerous jobs in the military. With the proper training, women can be very effective soldiers.

• What is the difference? If a man is capable to go fight why isn't a woman? It is no different than a man shouldn't be made to go to war if a woman isn't being made to

• Yeah, if a woman wants to serve her country, let her do it in any branch or section.

• Dont they already.

• If she is capable of taking on the challenges sure

What Guys Said 12

• Women are not fragile.
    Believe it or not but in the 1928 Olympics they seriously believed that if a woman had to run more than 200 meters she would hurt herself. We now know better right?

Israel is one of the strongest armies (Top 15) in the world and yes, women are actually drafted in that country. So that army is doing fine with women. My country (Holland) has no draft for women but is nowhere near the top.

They can handle it. And if they can't they'll give just up just like a guy would do if he couldn't handle it.

• Yes they should , they are so demanding of equality ,
    Fine , let it be equal

• a lot of these decisions (this one, abortion, gay marriage) shouldn't be left to laws and the government. it should be the individuals choice.
    let whoever wants to join the army, join the army. Just dont let them say
    "Ill most likely never even see battle" that means they will and they will die. just some movie cliches for you

• Honestly if it were up to me I'd dismantle the military. If people want to defend their homeland then do so privately, not agree to be commanded by a bunch of warhawks to invade other nations under false pretenses.

• I don't know the rules in each country but I think they should be eligible for all military jobs.

• Why not? Equal opportunities and that so women should be allowed to serve as combat troops if they want to.. Some girls are stronger than the men these days

• Yes they should be allowed to serve of course, however not in special operations.

• they should be allowed fam, you get me fam?

• Nah no one should. Abolish all stateist armed forces. But certainly women should be empowered to defend their community.

• one in three gets raped or sexually assaulted in the US army: http://www.arlingtonwestsantamonica.org/MST.html
    It ain't no place for your daughters.

• And that's about the American women. What happens to other women, after combat? Less or more?

• One in four college girls do too. Maybe it's a wider social problem that needs to be addressed rather than avoided

• There's clearly something wrong with how people educate their kids.

• As long as they aren't likely to be called on to carry anything very heavy I don't see why they shouldn't be shot at.

• I was under the impression they already were? As far as being allowed to, yes, IF they can perform the job better than the other people applying for said job. In our modern PC obsessed culture allowing women to do a job typically means forcing a minimum quota, which forces employers to hire women who cannot perform the job as well as a man in order to meet a quota.

I used to work in warehousing, lifting heavy boxes, up to 150 lbs all shift. I could barely do it, and while a very few of the women that were hired could actually do it too, most could not, and didn't have to. In order to fill the quota the company hired the women then made us men do our job AND theirs because they couldn't lift anything over 40 lbs. Yet they still got paid as much as the men.

I have nothing against women who can do things like physical labor or combat as well or better than a man, my problem is forcing under qualified people into the field because some idiot thinks we "need more women" (oddly its always only more women) in certain fields.