How to stop relying on technology as much?

I heard that the average person looks at their phone 110+ a day.. that is every 6 or 7 minutes--- which is literally obsessive and insane. I do not want to be part of that statistic, it seems incredibly unhealthy. So, how can i stop constantly looking at my phone, or going on tumblr, or instagram, etc.

I do go on a few blogs.. but their yoga ones.. so they are not that bad, since I am a yoga instrucor, it provides creativity and ideas I can bring to class.

So, any ideas on how I can do this? Or any ways that you guys use? Let me know :)

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like you already aren't. Keep in mind average includes a lot of outliers, or numbers that are really high. It includes a small number of people who you see walking around literally glued to their phones. Technology is a wonderful thing, but as we have all noticed many people can go overboard. You quoted a study, but it doesn't sound like you look at your phone anywhere near that amount.

It sounds like other than work, and txts, you don't look at the phone that often, unless you are bored. Try and have things to do other than your phone when you are bored. Read a book, watch TV, something else.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 10

• Budget your time and only use tech when you plan to. I do that with emails at work. Twice a day I'll just blast through all of them. If anything is REALLY important other than that, people can just call me or interact with me "in real life."

• Considering I have nothing better to do, I have no choice but to look at the screen pretty frequently.

• Give yourself times say I will check my phone or log on every 3 hours

• Find alternative things to do. Go on walks, do sports, read a book and realise that life can work without a phone as well as with.

Also might challenge yourself to 1-2 weeks without any electronic and see how it goes.

• Put it in your jacket pocket on the peg and only look at it at break times. I just leave my phone somewhere nearby and only look if it beeps at me to tell me there is a text or it rings for a phone call

• we can't stop fam we just can't, you get me fam?

• lool have some hobies... out.. i check my phone 4 or 5 times a day and that it

• My dad works in the field so he has to buy if you don't, try getting out more. Say o yourself, I'm going to go out and do something and not bring my phone. Every time you do so, reward yourself with something. It'll encourage good behavior.

• I told my girlfriend to slap my aas was spending to much time on my phone

• Just stop it, I don't know so much people are addicted to that phones it's shocking we are like robots.

What Girls Said 2

• Well you're using your phone productively, not staring at it mindlessly, and since you seem very aware of how much time you spend on your phone id say you're safe enough😄

• purposefully let your battery drain and pretend you don't have a charger... that way you'll be off it for a couple of hours.