Girls, Was he right to punch me?

I was at a restaurant with a friend. I said a bad word and this woman told me to watch my language So i apologized.
Later on, i heard her swearing so i told her to watch her language.

I swore again later on she told me to watch my language more angrily

She swore later on so i told her to watch her language more angrily

I swore again later on she told me to watch my language even more angrily

She swore later on so i told her to watch her language even more angrily

Her husband followed me into the bathroom and punched me

• Yes he was right to punch you
    14% (8)
  • He was not right to punch you
    86% (50)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

20

Most Helpful Girl

• Physical violence (aka assault) is a crime and not appropriate under any circumstances except in a life-threatening situation (where it becomes self-defense).

None of you were particularly mature in that scenario. If the setting demanded linguistic propriety, then despite her swearing, you shouldn't have. If it didn't, then everyone should feel free to speak however they like. Yes, she was being a hypocrite, and yes you were both doing things to get under the other person's skin, and yes, her husband needs to figure out ways to handle his emotions, but how you act in a situation is on you, and no one else. If this was a restaurant with kids, elderly people, or people of a certain crowd (the kind that don't typically swear like sailors) you shouldn't have been swearing regardless of her majesty's presence or not.

What Girls Said 19

• Just because you and the woman are having a childish fight over y'all cursing. Doesn't give her husband a right to punch you.

You should get him arrested for it. The logical approach the husband should have done. Was ask you to please stop the squabble. Then tell his wife to let it go and stop acting like a cunt.

• He was not right to punch you, but the whole situation seems pretty petty and immature on both your and her behalf...

• You and his wife were both acting pretty immaturely but he still wasn't right to punch you.

• That sounds incredibly childish, but he still had no right to punch you.

• Hahaha😂😂😂 bruh that's hilarious... he shouldn't have punched you though

• I am actually proud of what i did

• That's a pretty good story... that's one you can tell your grandchildren

• Wtf? Like... no, just no. He had no right to touch you whatsoever.

• He was not right to punch you because his wife was doing the same thing, but she probably did something and told him that you were making her upset and that caused him to punch you. But, honestly. If I was in your position, I probably would have just left her alone and said whatever to it.

• No, he wasn't in his rights to punch you. He should have been charged for assault.

• He had no right to punch you. You swore and his wife told you to watch your language then she swore and you told her to watch your language that's it you did not touch any of them so he had no right to touch you.

• You should have told him to control his Wife, how did he punch you?

• This is just stupidity... did you punch him back dude? Please say 'yes'

• what the heck? have him arrested for assault.

• What an asshole, you should press charges!

• Guy sounds like an asshole

• I think he was right to punch you, you were acting like a child and harassing his wife. Also, the fact that you had to post on GAG about the big meanie that hit you, like a baby, makes me instantly dislike you, I would probably punch you too.

• How was i harassing his wife? She told me to stop swearing but she herself was swearing like a truck driver

• he still assaulted you! of course he wasn't right. why didn't you report him?

• Someone had to, you're annoying as f.

• 1. You made up this story
    2. Who makes me stories online?
    3. It's a fake punch, so yes, no harm done.

• Well I think it was childish to begin with but that aside, NO! Of course it wasn't right of him