Girls, My father is one weird guy?

There's this woman from another country my father has met and he has been delegated the responsiblity of showing her around our country and helping her settle in.

However, he keeps inviting her to his house and he keeps taking her to his church. Also, he almost always goes to the same places with her (shopping, he even picks her up and he buys his own grocery shopping when she's around) Why is he doing this?

What for? Doesn't make any sense

7

Most Helpful Girl

• maybe he likes her? but what about your mom?

• my mom is dead. I just don't get it. If you're showing someone around the country you take them to tourist places, take them to bars, show them their faith etc. She is Roman Catholic and he is Protestant (so not same religion). What the /?
      If I did it to you you would probably tell me to get lost

• it is weird he is like praying in front of her and telling her about Jesus all the time like what the?

• trying to impress her?

What Girls Said 6

• He's a nice guy.
    He is trying to make her transition easier.

It is hard moving from one country you know all about to a place that is completely foreign to you.

• Are you sure? Wouldn't he take her to a new place where she can meet friends and not some church? :/

• Not necessarily. He's there to show her around and get better acquainted , not help her become a socialite.

I can relate because when I went to my parents country I was taken from place to place and shown around.
      That's generally what people do.
      The putting yourself out there part to make friends is in your court

• Maybe he wants to date her or wants to change her - she could be a victim of severe abuse at the hands of her husband or maybe impoverished in some way.

• He is an abusive man himself. A control freak

• He likes her.

• He likes her and wants to share his interests with her.

• Its a nice gesture. His just helping her really.

• What about your mom? Is she still alive. If yes. Then he is cheating on her.

• no my mom is dead. he is an abusive man too and a control freak.

• Then maybe he likes that foreign girl.