For my age group, is this salary too low?

I am getting 49K annually. Is this too low?

Mind you I get the best of everything and have a nice savings accounts and can pay my bills and rent.

Do you think I am a loser?

• No you aren't a loser. It's a job and you are alright.
  • Yep, definite loser.

Most Helpful Guy

• I am sure you are doing great :)

• Would you marry a girl like me with this salary?

• Money wouldn't matter to me. as long as she likes her job

Most Helpful Girl

• Your income alone doesn't define you being a loser.

And I think that is a good amount of salary. :)

What Guys Said 14

• Age shouldn't have anything to do with salary. It has everything to do with what career you're in, your education, and the demand for the product or service created at the job you have that should determine your salary. Your salary is fine. You aren't a "loser" for having a salary like that. No one is going to think that.

• Are you sure? Suppose you want to be with a girl with that money forever, whatwould you think of her?

• You bet. Actually, to me, personally, it matters really little. I'm trying to make sure to get a job where my wife wouldn't have to work if she didn't want to. I'm working to make sure that she could have the option if she wants it. So, really, what she makes really doesn't matter at all to me. Even if I wasn't doing that, though, how much she makes really doesn't matter at all to me. I wouldn't think anything less of her. Even if she didn't work, I still wouldn't think less of her. However, if we really needed money to survive and I was working several jobs and we still didn't have enough and she refused to work, then I might think less of her, but that's an extreme case. You're making pretty good money, though, so there's really no reason why I'd think less of someone that was making that much.

• You're richer than 90% of the world right now so you should feel proud.

• It doesn't matter how much you make. What matters is you're happy at what you do

• Well, I don't earn anything at all, so by my standards, you're off quite well ;-)

• Depends on everything. Where and how you grew up would be the main components. Guys and girls who grew up homeless would probably be making just enough to get by at your age. But if you grew up privileged (and provided you went to college) you're doing just about average.
    You're not a loser, you're doing pretty good.

• I think that is a great income for under 30!

• 49k in Melb isn't great. I'm guessing this is in Aud too?

You're not a loser, but this definitely isn't a comfortable salary.

• Heck no you are doing just fine miss

• In San Francisco, hard to get by on. In Omaha, decent pay.

• I live in Melbourne so it is more expensive than San Fran

• Victoria

• I don't think Melbourne is more than SF. I looked at median house prices for 2014 in each: Just over $600,000 in Melbourne, just over 1 million in SF. And currently Aussie $ = .73 US $.

Though I know some things are more; I was shocked by $16 six-packs of beer when I was there a few years ago.

• 49k is pretty good money. I'd settle for it for the rest of my life.

• r u serious?

• It depends on
    -where you live. An NYC street cleaner will have a higher paycheck than a Greek teacher with a lot of degrees.
    -who you know. The son of the boss will have a higher paycheck than a nobody.
    -what skills you have: a surgeon a higher paycheck than a mathematician.
    what's your job, in which company. A salesperson in a successful company will get a higher paycheck than a good programmer in a shitty company.

• Depends on where you live. In my county a quarter of your entire salary would be just your electric bill for the year. You'd need a bit more to get by

• Where is your country?

• obv thats gpod for your age. i dont even earn 20k and im 24

What Girls Said 6

• If you are living without trouble how would it be bad?

• Oh no, you are doing well.

• Holy hell I only brought in 20K last year! I think you're doing fantastic!

• I'd say you're doing well :)

• You're doing pretty well actually

• Low - only if you are working 60hrs/week and over 45yo with an advanced degree in an expensive location...

Haven't you Googled the national averages, especially for your career position?

What IS your job?