Do you think it is some kind of arrogance of Obama to lecture another country about gay marriage while it is just legal for a few weeks in the U. S?

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmm I could see this as well, good point. though he has supported gay marriage for a long time now himself at least, along with many Americans. though that is a social policy we really should not be involved with in other countries I think... Advocate it globally sure, just don't pick on specific countries.

What Girls Said 2

• Well considering he has wanted it the whole time and it just took him this long to make it happen because of others around him I would say no. Regardless of how long it has been it still exists

• No because legality doesn't really happen over night and you sure should know how hard that was to be legalized nation wide in the states and if he did not support it from the beginning and work on it with different politicians ( who some have major problems with it ) it wouldn't have happened

What Guys Said 6

• Not at all.
    American religious fanatics like Scott Lively went to Uganda to lobby for death penalty for gays.
    www.huffingtonpost.com/.../...anity_n_2425003.html
    Is that better?

• both are bad!

• It's logical that after actions like that, a POTUS wants to give the US a better image in Africa, isn't it?

• It's kind of stupid to lecture other countries about gay marriage when there are countries where homosexuality can bring the death penalty or long prison terms.

When I was going to Tanzania I read the max prison terms there are 14 years for male and 7 years for female homosexual acts.

I guess butt sex is worse than scissoring...

• Isn't america known for arrogance? America is like that ungrateful girlfriend the one who expects as she changes you must change with her as well or else she will throw a boyfriend.

• You forgot to mention that he was against it at first.

• I think he is arrogant about most things.

• For some reason they think they can tell other countries how they should be runned. Don't force your beliefs on other countries.