Tips on saving money?

Most Helpful Girl

• One of the best tips I can give is so simple, but is also very necessary in order to save money. Make a budget. A budget can really show you which expenses are necessary and which ones are not. Be honest about what you are spending. I would suggest doing 2 budgets. One which shows what you are currently spending and one where you list all of your necessary expenses and then work out a portion of savings as well as set limits on what you spend on all the voluntary expenses (ie. fast food, hair, makeup, clothes)

If you are saving for a trip, find out how much the trip costs. Then figure out when you would like to go on the trip. Set a date, then calculate how many weeks until you go on that trip, then divide the cost of the trip by the amount of weeks. This basic formula works for any purchase or reason to save.

For instance, lets say you are saving for a car. Find out how much the car is, and then find out when you would like to buy it, and then figure out how many weeks til you would have the car and divide the amount by that. Now, with cars you can get a loan if it's really expensive, but even saving a little bit of money to put down is a good idea because it makes monthly payments cheaper.

If you are saving just because. I suggest figuring out necessary expenses and then planning out an amount you can comfortably tuck away to save each month. I know that sounds simple, but it can be really hard. You may find you have to cut back on some of your other expenses. But if you try to save all your money after expenses, that can also be hard because you will feel too restricted.

Another way to save is at the end of the week or day, save the change. For instance, let's say you bought a coffee for 2.75. You're bank account is now sitting at $232.45. Take that $.45 and save it. Yes, it's not much but it will add up if you do this regularly.

You can also do this with spare change and put it in a jar.

Also, find things you can cut back on. I found that I was paying so much money each month for fast food. Try to make more food at home and take stuff with you. I was able to buy a package of 12 muffins for $3, when a muffin from a restaurant is 1.25 each. I'm saving $1 every day by using the muffins I bought at the store instead of buying them at a restaurant. The muffins from the store only cost me 25 cents each. Bringing a lunch also saves money. I'm actually going to the beach today, and instead of buying food there, I'm going to pack a lunch.

What Guys Said 11

• Think in terms of this..

Lets say you make $10/hr.

You want to buy a new top that cost $60 bucks, if someone said "hey, would 7 hours and i'll give you this top (7 hours due to tax)? Most of the time, the thing you impulsively want is not a need.

Cars: Do not buy a new car, they're depreciating assets and are to be seen as a tool.. not a status symbol. So many young people want to the nice car, pay off the car for years and 20,000 later.. they have a hunk of metal worth $2,000. For what? Status "hi, i don't have enough money to buy this car so i went into debt.. i am so cool."

• I dont have a job yet and not going to until 4-5 years from now. And about the car i dont buy brand new car well not me but my parents bought it for me

• Don't spend it.

• Keep your money at your house when eva u go out.

• drink more water, it's cheaper then other drinks

• I always drink water and coffee for dessert (+ cigarettes). But okay what if i go out with my girls to the club?

• Martinis? No martinis?

• I don't know how expensive that is!

Use the myTake of @cl_517 about makeup to save money

• Only bringing a certain amount with you

• I rarely bring cash with me. I usually just use either my debit cards or credit cards

• Time to change it up then

• Don't buy the food. don't use bus for you work. use cycle eat grass insted of food lol

• My parents payed for the cook and food except when I go out with my friends. I never used bus in my life i have my own car and a driver. Plus you're not helping at all

• i practice to be vege

• listing things to save for

• I dont really need to save for anything. I just want to have an emergency fund

• Alright, save to 100 bucks, and always keep it to at least 100
      Add, a part of it every week

• get a boyfriend. and eat his money

• Never carry it

• Don't buy shit you don't need.
    Make your own coffee rather than buying it.
    A thousand other small, insignificant things which hardly add up to be worth the effort.

AND/OR you can simply make more fucking money (my favorite option).

• I make my own coffee at home but me and my girls usually go for a weekly catch ups once or twice a week at a nice restaurant or coffee shop

• Yeah, if your cash-strapped, then cutting down on those will put a lot of money in your pocket.

But again, learning how to earn more is better (mixing the two, of course, is optimal).

What Girls Said 4

• Saving money doesn't necessarily mean you can't spend money, put away about 50% each time if not more xx If you can including your bills!

• don't go to malls and leave your purse at home!!

• Don't go shopping for anything

• Even when they are on sale?😢😢

• Yes... you CANNOT go.. ok.. trust me.. I know how it feels.. 😢😢😭😭

• Man thats gonna be hard. I meant oh god i can't even imagine it

• Divide it into segments. For example, you'll spend this percent on food, this percent on clothes etc

• Tried that. Did not work, i ended up spending more than I originally planned